Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Cooling
kylerichmond

posted on 24/2/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Cooling

Im at the stage of connecting the cooling system up on my zetec engine and wondering if standard copper pipe and fittings would be ok to use, i ask this because the pipe sizes are 32mm which i was going to use 28mm copper and for the 16mm pipe im going to use 15mm copper.
Will there be sufficient cooling?

austin man

posted on 24/2/10 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt have thought it would be a problem, im using copper on mine with no problems

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

zetec

posted on 24/2/10 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
The plumbers merchants is a really help with the cooling system. Get the platted stuff if it's on show and no one will realise.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

cliftyhanger

posted on 25/2/10 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
using a 15mm yorkshire straight connector on the end of a bit of copper makes a very good fit, and the "hump" is ideal for stopping the hoses slipping off. I even cut the connectors in 2 being very locost!
Not sure if 28mm yorkshire is available? I am lucky in that I had an old towel rail radiator made of 1 1/2" (32mm new money) chromed brass, got some lovely lengths from that

whitestu

posted on 25/2/10 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Search for vacuum cleaner pipe on ebay. It is 32mm and makes great cooling pipe, and only costs a couple of quid.

Stu

britishtrident

posted on 25/2/10 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
Search for vacuum cleaner pipe on ebay. It is 32mm and makes great cooling pipe, and only costs a couple of quid.

Stu

I hope you mean the light alloy stuff not the thermo plastic I don't if I would want to be anywhere near that at 125c and 1.5 bar pressure.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

whitestu

posted on 25/2/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I hope you mean the light alloy stuff not the thermo plastic I don't if I would want to be anywhere near that at 125c and 1.5 bar pressure

I did mean the metal stuff, but having said that I used 32mm high temp plastic plumbing pipe from the local DIY shop on my CVH engine and it was fine!

On the Zetec the 32mm pipe is used for the run from the thermostat to the radiator and runs reasonably close to the exhaust manifold so wouldn't be happy with it there.

Stu

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.