Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Cooling Radiator Size
kylerichmond

posted on 30/6/10 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec Cooling Radiator Size

I currently have a polo radiator fitted to my robinhood however when i drive the car fast in warm weather it overheats, the electric fan runs all the time, do i need a bigger rad or more ventilation, as the car is a stainless monocoque version it gets hot onder the bonnet, i am debating if i should put some vents in the cars side panels to let the hot air escape
Any ideas?
Also what larger rad will fit i believe ive got space of a max size of 55cm by 50cm and would prefer to keep hoses on one side like the polo, but no essential

turbodisplay

posted on 30/6/10 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Air exit is far more important than getting it in.
Address that first before moving on.
If the cooling is marginal an oil cooler and stat will add to the cooling area, an oil cooler will cool better than a water radiator of the same size.
Water wetter could be used to increase effective coooling efficiency.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 30/6/10 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I have a polo rad on mine and it struggles to get up to temp. I'll be investigating the thermostat soon....

A lot of factors to look at, current plumbing, is it as Henry intended? If not that may give you problems.

And just a note, zetecs like very hot oil, do not put a oil cooler on unless your use is extreme, racing etc.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

JAMSTER

posted on 30/6/10 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
are you piped up wright dont know if this is of any help

http://www.emeng.gentlyhosting.co.uk/Cooling/Part1.htm

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.