Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec won't fit in a Striker?
Tim Watson

posted on 3/5/11 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec won't fit in a Striker?

Hi all,

Stoneleigh was ace. Harvey, thanks for taking me out in you crazy car. I now know what you bec guys are on about!

I talked to Raw on their stand. Mentioned I was planning on buying a Striker kit ASAP. I said I'd like to put a 2.0 Duratec in and they said it was too wide and the throttle bodies would stick out of the bodywork. I'd never heard of this before. Can anyone with experience on the matter shed any light? I'd probably go Zetec in that case but just wanted to confirm on this forum. BTW I do know already that the exhaust is on the opposite side and roast leg of driver will be on the menu.

Tim

(I really need a catchy screen name don't I?!)

omega0684

posted on 3/5/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Watson
and the throttle bodies would stick out of the bodywork.

Cut a hole in the bonnet then!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SeanStone

posted on 3/5/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good excuse for an overstated ram air solution to me!
Yazza54

posted on 3/5/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Can anyone with experience on the matter shed any light?

You've asked RAW, how is anyone on here going to know any better than the people who produce the car??

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

SeanStone

posted on 3/5/11 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
RAW might not want to promote having what may look like a bodge. Others may think the performance benefit is worth the appearance.

[Edited on 3/5/11 by SeanStone]

coozer

posted on 3/5/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
There was a Striker in the for sale shed with a rover v8 in kt. No holes just a big bonnet bump.
So no reason why a duratec wont fit.
Mine started life with a toyota celica and w58 box. They were massive and later a molntego turbo with lt77 was in there.
All those are bigger than a duratec. Anything iks possible!

carpmart

posted on 3/5/11 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi all,

Stoneleigh was ace. Harvey, thanks for taking me out in you crazy car. I now know what you bec guys are on about!

No problem Tim, was nice to meet you! The 'crazy' car hasn't tempted you to the dark side and a BEC then?

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

perksy

posted on 3/5/11 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Afraid i don't have any photo's but i've seen 2 Strikers now with Duratechs in (both on throttle bodies) and they looked fine
In fact they looked very nice indeed

*Think* they were using Direct to head Bodies iirc

[Edited on 3/5/11 by perksy]

TimC

posted on 3/5/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Errr, isn't the 'Raw Striker North' demonstrator a Duratec?

Tim Watson

posted on 3/5/11 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
quote:
Hi all,

No problem Tim, was nice to meet you! The 'crazy' car hasn't tempted you to the dark side and a BEC then?

Haha to be honest it has tempted me! But yeah, it's gonna be a road car and used a lot so i'll probably end up being a jessie and opt for a car engine. I imagine I might always have a slight nagging doubt on those perfect occasions when your in the right mood in the right road etc. Worked out your car has 440bhp/tonne!

Thanks for the replies. I know I asked Raw and they should be the best people to tell me, but I've seen pictures of Duratec Strikers with no bonnet cutout, so I got to thinking and asked you guys.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of stuff poking through bonnets. Just my personal preference.

I'm not ruling out Zetec all the same because of the more favourable lateral weight distribution, and the fact that the slight increase in weight over the Duratec would be negated by Raw placing the engine quite far back. I think the bigger bonnet bulge (that I'd need for a duratec installation) looks mean and aggressive. I much prefer it.

AFAIK, Raw Striker North don't use that Noble supercharged Duratec striker as a demonstrator. It was built for a customer.

Tim

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.