Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham At Stoneleigh 2012.............
chris mason

posted on 4/4/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham At Stoneleigh 2012.............

Just read that Caterham won't be supporting the show at Stoneleigh this year

I wonder how many other manufacturers won't be there?

While the lack of Caterham attending is probably not due to finances, i guess for a lot of the other manufacturers the price of a stand could be.

Over the past 8 years the show has got smaller and smaller, with owners clubs being offered room inside to make the halls look full.

How long will it be before it's no longer financially viable to put on such a big show?

Be sad too see it go, as it is probably the only show worth visiting if your looking to build a kitcar of any kind.

coozer

posted on 4/4/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing missed there. The miserable gits weren't even interested in the rest of us...

Did you try going over and talking to any of them? Good job they were next to the bog so it wasn't a wasted journey.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

ChrisW

posted on 4/4/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I want a stand, and the organisers keep ignoring my email. Perhaps they did the same for Caterham?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 4/4/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
chris you have u2u

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

40inches

posted on 5/4/12 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Nothing missed there. The miserable gits weren't even interested in the rest of us...

Did you try going over and talking to any of them? Good job they were next to the bog so it wasn't a wasted journey.

I was talking to one of them while my 15 year old son was doing the slalom experience thingy, he was trying to interest me in a Caterham, when I told him I was building a MK, he turned the other way. Ignorant p***k

steve m

posted on 5/4/12 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
I enjoy waveing at the pretentous nobs, and they wave back all smiliey and happy untill they realise my 7 is not a cateringvan
the last nob actually turned his head full left so he didnt have to make eye contact, as we were only about 20 feet from him,
So i called loudly "f***ing wa*k*r" and he didnt even turn round, to my comment aimed at him

Why are these cateringvan owners such utter wankers,
why do they feel they are so special (needs)

But, my Doctor has a white R300 and he was genuinly impressed when he saw my car, to the extent, he wants to come round my place
for a proper look, and wants a drive, of coarse i get a drive of his R300, but i might be childish and turn it down

40inches

posted on 5/4/12 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I enjoy waveing at the pretentous nobs, and they wave back all smiliey and happy untill they realise my 7 is not a cateringvan
the last nob actually turned his head full left so he didnt have to make eye contact, as we were only about 20 feet from him,
So i called loudly "f***ing wa*k*r" and he didnt even turn round, to my comment aimed at him

Why are these cateringvan owners such utter wankers,
why do they feel they are so special (needs)

But, my Doctor has a white R300 and he was genuinly impressed when he saw my car, to the extent, he wants to come round my place
for a proper look, and wants a drive, of coarse i get a drive of his R300, but i might be childish and turn it down

Guy down the road from me has one, he stopped to chat and was a bit peeved that he had paid 30 grand for his, he didn't have a clue that you could get other than Caterfield's.

stevec

posted on 5/4/12 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
There are all sorts of Caterham owners I am sure. I have met some who are just petrolheads like most of us. Some do have a bit of a problem with other seven type car owners though. I have been blanked on the road by Morgan drivers and Westfield drivers aswell but I would hope the majority of all of us just love cars.
Not sure about bike engined car owners though.
Stoneleigh is a great show and it will be a shame to see any maker give it a miss.
Does anyone think that now they are well into F1 stuff that this type of show is a bit below their new image?
Steve.

loggyboy

posted on 5/4/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
I expect they are are trying to distance themsleves from the Kit industry, give it a few more years and you wont be able to buy kit caterhams, only factory ones.
roadrunner

posted on 5/4/12 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Ron Chapman will be turning in his grave.
ashg

posted on 5/4/12 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
Ron Chapman will be turning in his grave.

I take it you me Colin Chapman of lotus?

Ron "CHAMPION" wrote the original locost manual

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

RichardK

posted on 5/4/12 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Lol Coozer, yeh the majority are a bit like that although I've met a few that are ok.

Chris, are you going to hang around the toilets again leaving your cards on the mirrors

Will really miss it this year but will be thinking of you bunch of pi55heads on saturday night.

Ash sloping off to the hotel cos he got wet one year

Handyandy trying poison everybody with his dodgy sausages.

Yep, will miss ya, don't forget take loads of pictures just to make me even for jealous!!

Cheers

Rich

ps I'm sure there are more people I can offend

[Edited on 5/4/12 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greenwood03

posted on 5/4/12 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
have to admit my igorance to teh fact that Caterham as a compnay were displaying at Stoneleigh in teh past as i've clearly not noticed them in my wanderings around the halls......

as to teh Show itself I hope that it's a good one, i wont be going this time around and like many fear that the hallcion days are fading, time to join forces with other less mainstream cars to put on shows with wider appeal?

as for branding Caterham owners as a few above have, a pity to take that view. There's pretentiousness and 'nobbery' in many walks of life - from my own experiences there's merely a few that are consumed by their snobbery to the badge. Many are true petrolheads and amongst that majority most who have an open mind to other 7esque type cars, a look at Blatchat when someone makes a snide comment is testament to that - often the poster with the imappropriate comment gets flamed for being a snob, gently reminded that those who are enjoying their own cars are no doubt getting as much if not more satisfaction that he.
We've often been joined on runs by Cats the common bond being an appreciation of driving a good handling car in the appropriate fashion.

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.