Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Windscreen Fitted
Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/8/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Windscreen Fitted

My trim turned up yesterday, so windscreen fitted now. Just a bit of trim to fettle and fit then I can think about making some side wings to fit on the screen edges.

Buffeting is not too bad, and at 60mph it's still very easy to have a conversation. I've got all the bits for fitting wipers so that's the next task. I don't plan to use it in the rain so it's not a priority, but it'll be handy if I do get caught out .

Having a screen is certainly better than having to wear the crash helmet. I've always preferred that 'wind in the hair' thing, when I had more hair anyhow

Eventually going to fit a soft roof and doors too, I've got 2 sets of hard doors but not sure if I'm going to be able to get them to fit without too much hassle, but that serves me right for building a Locost that is 4" longer than the standard

JB

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

RK

posted on 19/8/12 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
That looks excellent!
daniel mason

posted on 19/8/12 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
i was at the classic show today and we goy cought up in the rain, my car has screen and full weather gear,and what a difference. never got a single drop of rain in, and not steamed up at all. its the firs ive had with a screen and what a difference. makes it so much more useable! enjoy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.