Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie saying hi.
gall335i

posted on 2/1/16 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Newbie saying hi.

Hi guys and girls,

My name is Andrew Gallacher and I live in Darlington, been looking into buikding a haynes roadster kit car for a long time, having had the book for a couple of years I've decided the time has come to start. I will be doing a scratch build chassis but based on the Mcsorley 442 plans as I'm 6' 3" tall 19 stone and have size 13 shoes, really need the extra space, all the rest will be based on the book.

I'm planning on using a Mazda MX5 as the doner having a friend that races / deals in mx5's and spares, plus he lives down the street, lol. I managed to find a list on the Haynes forum for parts needed, would it be possible for some of you guys to look over it and let me know if I needed anything else from the car??

4 hubs
4 discs
4 calipers
2 front lower balljoints
diff
engine
airbox and inlet manifold
exhaust manifold
gearbox
prop shaft
2 drive shafts
wiring loom
ecu
steering wheel
steering shaft indicator stalks
dash clock
signition and key
hand brake and cable
fuel tank sender4 wheels
brake and clutch master cylinders 
brake bias valve

A big thanks to all that helps me before hand.

Andrew.

coozer

posted on 2/1/16 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome Andrew, your not far from me and I wish you all the best of luck with your build.

Have you had a look at the Midlana? It may be due to the physical size you are trying to squeeze in this car may be more suited to your size.

My next build is Midlana once Ive decided whether to caryy on with the current rebuild or ditch it and start the midi. I already have my mx5 dondor parts and two engine packages lying in the garage...

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

garyt

posted on 2/1/16 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andrew, welcome to the madhouse and good luck with the build, best advice I can give is don't be afraid to ask on here there is a great knolage and advice available here. Don't forget we all like to see photos as you progress (and you need them for later anyway) any way good luck again and I look forward to seeing your progress

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

ReMan

posted on 2/1/16 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
The V5 and possibly vin plates if you want to avoid Q plate
Welcome

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.