Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Bodywork
rayward

posted on 8/4/05 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Bodywork

Hi all,

I am looking to replace the damaged bodywork on my car and just wondered if anyone had bought bodywork from GTS tuning, what's the quality like, how long did it take for deilvery etc...

Cheers

Ray

tom_loughlin

posted on 8/4/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
quality is excellent - i had no fitting problems, panels all lined up perfectly.

it was well packaged - i had it posted and was worried about the couriers but it arrived fine.

i have a blue gelcoat with some cabon bits - they are all great - and look the biz when fitted.

think he takes a couple of weeks from ordering to delevery, but it obviously depends on your choice of colour etc...

if you want any pics, give me a yell

ned

posted on 8/4/05 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Beware there are two types of bodywork available from gts. The standard/old/traditional lowline stuff and the gts locost stuff. The gts locost stuff is taller over the engine and has a harsher angle on the nosecone, it also has different returns on the bonnet edges.

the lowline stuff is not great quality imho as i thin the moulds aren't in too good a condition. the gts new stuff is better quality, but personally i preferred the shape of the lowline stuff..

Hopefully i'm an odd one out, but it took months for my bodywork and it got damaged by the courier, though was eventually repaired free of charge.

Ned.

[Edited on 8/4/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 9/4/05 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Ned,
It's that yellow face that did it.....always wary of yellow faces

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 9/4/05 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
The new stuff is better because it was all made from one plug then divided up to make nosecone,bonnet and scuttle so shut lines are the best you will find on a Locost type car......same goes for the new W7DE
rash

posted on 10/4/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
gts bodywork

i bought a scuttle/bonnet and nosecone in the new tall style from gts delivery was the worst delivery i have ever had on anything and the fit of the three items to each other is sh*t i spoke to darren at a show whilst waiting for delivery the reply i got was its all down to who shouts loudest i dont know if he has improved but for his sake i hope so??
rayward

posted on 10/4/05 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys, but i have decided to go with the ST bodywork, i think it will be worth the extra cost in the end.

Ray

dozracing

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rash,

I have Stuart Taylor bodywork on my race car. Its not a patch on our bodywork. If you want a direct comparison between, GTS, ST and Luego bodywork i welcome any visitors to my workshop/showroom, who can see all three cars lined up side by side and you can make your own judgement.

Neds bodywork is Locost lowline stuff as moulded originally by the people who supply most of my competitors, and hence why we strongly believe the GTS bodywork is far superior.

Rash, you never spoke to me regarding the fit of the bodywork. The fit is rated by all the magazines that saw it at Detling as by far and way better than even more expensive kits. Each shut line is perfectly matched to its mating partner. If you have issues on your car then talk to me because it certainly isn't anything to do with the bodywork.

The issue you spopke to me about was delivery and at that time the suppliers were dreadful, we now use a different supplier, Triton, who are turning round bespoke orders in around 2 weeks.

If you have issues regarding fitting of it to the chassis then i can send pictures and details, of my car on which you will find the fit is perfect and finish is perfect, and this was all acheived without any fettling.

Find below a pic of how the bonnet and scuttle fit perfectly.

[Edited on 11/4/05 by dozracing] Rescued attachment body-fit.jpg
Rescued attachment body-fit.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

clbarclay

posted on 11/4/05 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Is the locost low line moulded like the rest of GTS fiberglass now?

ned

posted on 11/4/05 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
no, they are still seperate products with seperate qualities.

Ned.

locoboy

posted on 11/4/05 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit that looks absolutely bob on to me.

Is there a scuttle with a moulding to take a perspex aeroscreen? but tsill fits to the bonnet as well as that?

ATB
Locoboy

dozracing

posted on 11/4/05 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
The lowline stuff is the same old stuff everyone else is punting out, and its quality is not up to my standards and hence why we prefer to supply the new GTS bodywork.

We basically reserve the low line stuff for racers and people who want replacement components for bodywork supplied by other companies.

Neds a bit strange in the head in that he preferred the look of the low line stuff no matter how many times i told him the new stuff is night and day better quality than anything else. But then Neds a bit strange in the head full stop, fox hunting with a 205 for example.

We don't do a perspex screen fitting type scuttle, because we are now supplying our own double bubble aeroscreen, nicknamed the "bra", which is moulded to fit the scuttle and just requires 4 fixings to hold it on, or glue if you prefer.

Kind regards,

Darren

[Edited on 11/4/05 by dozracing]

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ned

posted on 11/4/05 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dozracing
Neds a bit strange in the head in that he preferred the look of the low line stuff no matter how many times i told him the new stuff is night and day better quality than anything else. But then Neds a bit strange in the head full stop, fox hunting with a 205 for example.

I understand/know that the quality is better on the newer gts bodywork darren, but i still prefer the 'look' of the lowline stuff personally. Yours at the time seemed the cheapest to source compared to others, hence I bought it from you.

Ned.

dozracing

posted on 11/4/05 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
I know Ned, just pulling your leg.........

Testing out attaching an Excel file of price comparisons, ignore it if it doesn't work...

Kind regards,

Darren

ned

posted on 11/4/05 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
works here darren

but it's a close run thing on those back panels

[Edited on 11/4/05 by ned]

Mark18

posted on 11/4/05 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with ned about the lowline stuff looking better .

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
You can't please all the people all the time...............so i just please myself
ned

posted on 11/4/05 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
hows yer father

flak monkey

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
I too thought the lowline looked better.

But having seen the GTS bodywork at Stoneleigh last year (i assume it was the new bodywork anyway) I can tell you that it looks good, and the quality is excellent as well.

I havent decided on the lowline or the GTS bodywork yet, but i may well go for the GTS stuff because of the quality. (I plan on chpping the sump and oil filler on my engine so either should fit)

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yep it was the new style body work shown at "Stoneme how much for a stand" last year
Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
The reason it all fits together is because it was made as one piece then divided up to create nose/scuttle and bonnet.....and nowt to do with blue smarties or any other strange goings on
dozracing

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I think you should see it in black. The red was not a good colour, the black just looks totally awesome.

flak monkey

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
When I get that far I was thinking of going for black bodywork. I have always thought they look great in black, I dont know why... only problem is with other people seeing you coming, unless you drive with your lights on all the time I guess...

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

stevebubs

posted on 11/4/05 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
When I get that far I was thinking of going for black bodywork. I have always thought they look great in black, I dont know why... only problem is with other people seeing you coming, unless you drive with your lights on all the time I guess...

David

In my experience, green is the worst colour for people to see you - especially in towns.

I've only had 2 accidents in the last 10 years.

One on my green ZX7R - woman pulled out infront of me
One in my green omega (last week) - guy just drove straight into the side of me as I was going along a main road.

Must mistake them for bushes, I guess...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.