Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car CD player
DarrenW

posted on 29/6/05 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Car CD player

As title, im after a cheap good brand Cd player for my wifes Mazda 323 (std size unit). Looking to spend between £30 - 40 delivered. Nothing flash but dont want spurious make (prefer black).

indykid

posted on 29/6/05 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
As title, im after a cheap good brand Cd player for my wifes Mazda 323 (std size unit). Looking to spend between £30 - 40 delivered. Nothing flash but dont want spurious make (prefer black).

much like cheap imperial stainless fasteners, cheap and good brand car cd players don't go together.

if you want a branded one (sony, alpine, pioneer etc) for that money, it'll be so hot it'll be steaming, straight from that dodgy bloke in the corner of the pub.

you should be able to get a standard mazda cd player for that sort of money from a breakers (somewhere big like simpson salvage, who do mail order).
the obvious advantage of the above being it'll have all the right plugs, aerial connection, and the probably the right cage to fit straight into your car. it'll be black as well.

if you don't fancy that, have a look in the free ads as cheap stuff does come up sometimes, but i'd be wary of them, purely for the lack of guarantee.

hth
tom

tom_loughlin

posted on 29/6/05 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just been looking at the same thing on ebay, keeping an eye out for a car minidisc player.
ebay seems cheap enough

Tom

Hellfire

posted on 29/6/05 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have a minidisc player in my Mazda - it's absolutely superb - prob cos' the CD player wont play copies.

andyps

posted on 29/6/05 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Car minidisc don't seem to come cheap even on eBay. Plus Sony have stopped making them now.

Halfords have a good deal on an Aiwa system though - it is a CD system with an auxiliary input on the front and comes with a portable minidisc recorder. Outside the original requested budget at £150 though!

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

OX

posted on 29/6/05 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
i brought a cheapy ministry of sound cd player from argos for the van,it plays mp3's as well
Argos £79

[Edited on 29/6/05 by OX]

DorsetStrider

posted on 29/6/05 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I got a sony 10 disk multi changer off of ebay for £60 about 2 years ago......, bit of a bugger to wire up but other than that I can't fault it. It even plays the weather girls!!!!!!!

Who the f**K tightened this up!

Bob C

posted on 29/6/05 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Aldi special offer last week was car CD - it plays mp3s 4x40watts and if its the same as last time they had one on offer it sounds superb (put one in my pug).
The mp3 play thing is wicked - blow a CD with your fave CDs compressed to mp3, bingo 1 CD with 10 CDs on - who'd get an autochanger??
This thing is £50
Bob C

Richard Y

posted on 29/6/05 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
lol im insulted no such thing as a good cd player for 30 -40

if you really want a bargin pop to your local halfords they are doing a jvc 6060 off the shelf for 59.99 if your lucky you could pick up a kenword for 79.99 or pioneer for 49.99 end of line kind of stuff all good but last years models

[Edited on 29/6/05 by Richard Y]

indykid

posted on 29/6/05 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
come on richard, you're selling to decent respectable people here! not some chav at work

i know it sounds snobbish, but i'd put most bottom end jvc stuff on a par with soundmax. the build quality is pretty poor, and the final fit is equally poor, largely due to the cage design.
granted, most stores should still have some x-diplay, or old stock in, but only the rm audio ones fall into the stated price bracket. (they're shady-trust me, although all black)
my current reduced fave is the sony 6650, but that's £150, so well out of the running.

my original suggestion of a mazda stereo was to avoid the neccessity for chopping up looms, or paying for harness and aerial adaptors, keeping it properly locost, and all above board.

anyway, halfords has the best returns/warranty policy around incase that might swing it (30 days from purchase, replacement unit, rest of 12 months, serviced/repaired) and help keep my job

hth
tom

Richard Y

posted on 30/6/05 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
lol and when purchasing any of the said jvc stereos a 12 month warenty is worth its wait in gold

i know jvc bottom of the range build quality is shocking but its noooo where close to the shockingness of the soundmax (or Poundmax as we like to call it) its so sooo oh god words dont describe how truly bad it is

also if you want to destroy a couple just fit them at an angle with a cd in ERROR ERROR .......... fago

a true lesser of 2 evils is the jvc cheapy 6060 at 59.99 or 69.99 cant remember something like that, suffice to say you collect on the spot and theres a easy 12 month warrenty on it

how ever the likes of www.cel-direct.co.uk is sooooo much cheaper lol

your right though buddy hes best of sourcing an original one for 30 quid less hassle no leads required

indykid

posted on 30/6/05 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Y
its so sooo oh god words dont describe how truly bad it is

also if you want to destroy a couple just fit them at an angle with a cd in ERROR ERROR .......... fago

lmfao!

will have to try that one.
cheers
tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.