Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: scuttle and dash layout
Dale

posted on 3/8/05 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
scuttle and dash layout

I am laying out my scuttle and dash position. I am intending to use part of the scuttle and bonnet from the mgb donor- keeping a lightened portion of the metal work( part that includes the vin tag so I can still insure it as a mgb hotrod) . The hood and scuttle have a nice curve to them at the front and back which will mate up nicely.
I intend to curve the scuttle sides down to the angle change in the chassis side of my build to keep some symitry(spelling) One of the questions I am still ponderingis the angle of the dash- the book puts it at 60% but that seems rather shallow and would cause alot of reflection and glare problems-- is that what everyone is using?
Dale Rescued attachment Resize of DSCF0066.JPG
Rescued attachment Resize of DSCF0066.JPG

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

donut

posted on 3/8/05 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Oi mate... you put the steering wheel on the wrong side!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.