Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Same man different hat
Triton

posted on 5/11/05 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Same man different hat

Picture in archive showing 3 smoothy seats

[Edited on 5/11/05 by Triton]

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 5/11/05 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
3 versions of smoothy seats Rescued attachment Low side, high side and wide smoothy seats 2.jpg
Rescued attachment Low side, high side and wide smoothy seats 2.jpg

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 5/11/05 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just for a moment there....

I thought you'd gone mad and started making fibreglass hats .

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 5/11/05 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Price and size of larger seat please

and mass if possible in Kg

[Edited on 5/11/05 by Paul (Notts)]

fesycresy

posted on 5/11/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
That seat on the right looks like it might even take my fat arse. How much ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

robinbastd

posted on 5/11/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
That seat on the right looks like it might even take my fat arse.

I fit in that one comfortably. I'm 6'6",18 stone and not skinny.Without telling you all of my vital statistics I've got a 36" waist and it wasn't too tight a fit.
As for how much,er I can't remember and I'm feeling to idle to look for it on Ebay.
No doubt the mad little beggar that makes them will pop up soon.

Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

robinbastd

posted on 5/11/05 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Here it is....... (don't want to be called idle by the blue smartie man)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/High-back-fibreglass-seat-kit-Car-Locost-Westfield_W0QQitemZ4587666168QQcategoryZ100921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Triton

posted on 6/11/05 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
I would post a picture of the wife in one of the wider seats but she won't be best pleased.....She is 5ft nowt and to say it looks like one of those kids safety seats with her parked in it is a bit of an understatement...

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Triton

posted on 6/11/05 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Forgot to say they weigh 5kgs, bit heavier than the others but then they are bigger.

The mad beggar of carnon fits and he is what you might call ..."quite a big bloke"

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

zzrpowerd-locost

posted on 6/11/05 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
so which would be best for me? Left or right? mike (guinness) has the middle one with the harness solts and it was far to tight round the hip area for me, in fact it was painfull

Triton

posted on 6/11/05 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
ZZrbloke,
If the ones Mike had are a tad tight for you then the ones on the right will suit you, as they are wider inside everywhere but still fit into a Locost...spooky !!!!..430max width(but this is on the rolled edge and could if need be, be trimmed down)

Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Winston Todge

posted on 6/11/05 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Mark,

Looking like a real nice range of seats for loads of applications!

I'm tempted by the roll edged seats. Any chance you're bringing any down to Exeter? I'll be popping down there to meet Marc to exchange some bits, any chance I could sit my bum in a seat or two?

Thanks,

Chris.

Triton

posted on 6/11/05 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,

Yes I'm going to Exeter although only as a nosey parker ...will take an example of what i can squeeze in the car.
I think from the feedback I'm getting that the wider seat was worth the effort.

Cheers
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

mandy69

posted on 6/11/05 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,
Thank you for taking the time today to show us the wider seat and can you let us know when the carbon insert version is ready? I know you have a lot to do these next few weeks but we eagely await the new seat for our new project car.
Thanks Mand and Kev

Triton

posted on 6/11/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
No worries Mandy

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Winston Todge

posted on 8/11/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
If there's any chance you could bring a roll edged seat for my bum? If you could fit it in?

If not, no worries I'm sure I can find someone localish with your seats in their car!

Is there any difference in 'seating capacity' (ie. inner dimensions) between the roll edged seat and the taller sided smoothy?

Thanks,

Chris.

Triton

posted on 8/11/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Todge,
No the narrow seats are the same width inside just one has high sides the other low....i think the lower ones are more comfortable.
I will have one of each with me

Cheers
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Ben Smith

posted on 9/11/05 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know which ones would fit an IRS Striker? I have no idea how this compares in size to a book chassis and it's too cold to go out side and measure it!

Ben.

Triton

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Narrow ones measure 390mm at widest point if that helps as i don't have a clue how wide a Striker is compared to a Locost.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Ben Smith

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
390mm sounds about right. I will check tomorrow.

Thanks

Ben.

Triton

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ben,
If it's really tight then maybe the low sided ones would help make life easier with fitting the belts. The rolled edges can be trimmed back if needed.
Cheers
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.