Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: DAX Rush ££££££££££!!!!
02GF74

posted on 13/4/06 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
DAX Rush ££££££££££!!!!

What are Dax Rushes so expensive? A lot seem to be fitted with cosworth engines that accounts for some but others have non turbo engines(?) yet seem to be valued by owneres at least a lot more than any other make.
omega 24 v6

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Is the basic kit price not about 6 grand or am I speeking shyte.
graememk

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I my opinion, personally think that the build quality of the dax is much better than any of the other 7 kits on the market, if I dare say it …even better than a westie.

Personally I like my mk and I’m sticking with it and would have another of them any day

flak monkey

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
omega0684 has just got himself a Dax. I have yet to have a peek at his, but the ones I have seen have ooozed class. And I would agree with Graeme, they look better made than the Westerhams too...

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nick205

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
The Rush's I've looked over are justiied in commanding the prices they do IMO. As mentioned, the kits are expensive to start with, but made to a very good standard. Also people generally spend a lot on finishing them properly with expensive guages, carpet sets (usually supplied by Dax too).

I love my Indy, but if funds allowed a Dax would probably be my car of choice.

fesycresy

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
You need little feet, well smaller than my size 13's.

And I'm too tall.

And too fat.

And too poor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

zxrlocost

posted on 13/4/06 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to buy one of those dodge viper replicas

but having seen all the effort which needs putting into the body

youd need a superb workshop really

IM happy with my Mk now it looks like a car

some daxes are nice but I wouldnt pay that much for one

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Kissy

posted on 13/4/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit whilst they are quite blingy I've always been a bit bemused by the apparent lack of stiffness in the middle (cockpit/tunnel) section - they are not as deep as most others. How many Dax have you seen racing?
omega0684

posted on 13/4/06 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
i have a DAX rush, i the basic kit is £5200, and you dont get a lot for that, imo. but taking atour around DAX's workshop shows that the cars are supplied in excellent condition and quality! i have posted some picks of my build so far and i will update shortly.

ATB Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 13/4/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Been to look around dax they are good IMHO. but even the LWB could not acomodate my legs and the footwell not even in racing boots.

Was a little unsure about the front triangulation ( engine bay ) but there are enough cars about lots of them with 300 bhp plus and they seem to take it well!

the Vortex i have has loads more leg room and pedal box space even with the V8 - bike engine cars have even more !!

regards agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Jeffers_S13

posted on 5/5/06 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
I must admit whilst they are quite blingy I've always been a bit bemused by the apparent lack of stiffness in the middle (cockpit/tunnel) section - they are not as deep as most others. How many Dax have you seen racing?

Andy Sterling has won the 750MC kit car championshiop twice now in a V8 Rush

http://www.daxcars.co.uk/previous/dax_sales_top_the_ton.htm

xmadxmoex

posted on 5/5/06 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
i know that car... my uncle races in the 750mc hot hatch championship!

i must say aftyer seeing a few od the dax's at the scrunty show id pay that kind of money... if of course i had anywhere near that type of money!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jeffers_S13

posted on 9/5/06 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
You need to be patient and be on the ball when one comes up for sale that is unfinished. I was all set to build an Avon till by total chance the Rush Id been waiting for came up on ebay for less than Id was expecting to pay. A rolling chassis with bodywork and otherwise unstarted, it had a partial loom laid in and a pedal box bolted in place. It couldnt have been at a more perfect starting point for me, ready for a few changes and most of the really expensive stuff that has to be bought from DAX already bought. I bet my build cost would have been pretty much the same had I built anything else, as Ive bought very little from DAX.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.