Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seats
andrew-theasby

posted on 14/4/03 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Seats

I want to put bucket seats in my car when its finished and i was told that cobra roadster 7's were made for the job so i left it till i was ready for them. Ive just downloaded the sizes the other day tho to find that they are about 30 mm too wide to fit Can any body tell me the actual width of these seats just incase it was a misprint or reccomend any others that might fit? Thanks
kingr

posted on 15/4/03 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
There was a post about this a little while ago and people came up with different figures for the dimensions, but surfice to say that they definately fit in a regular book chassis, although I think the top edges of the base of the seat touch the sides.

Kingr

David Jenkins

posted on 15/4/03 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
I've sat in a book-std Locost with Cobra seats (courtesy of Jon Ison ) . They may be a squash, but they do fit, and are very comfortable.

You might like to check with Jon to see if there were any problems.

David

zetec

posted on 16/4/03 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Fitted Cobra 7s in a MK chassis, as said they do rub on chassis top rail but mine are on runners and still slide fine. There is a pic on my photo section might help.
LoCostLancs

posted on 16/4/03 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
There are some nice bucket type seats here:
http://www.europaspares.com/index.html

eddymcclements

posted on 16/4/03 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
How about Richfield RX777? Narrow enough for both driver and passenger sides, adjustable height headrests and available in many colours with or without contrasting piping.

Eddy

andyd

posted on 18/4/03 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Andrew,

As I sit here typing this I just happen to have a Cobra Roadster 7 seat sitting on the floor next to me

Hang on I'll measure it....

Right at it's widest the flexible side supports are about 18" wide. However in a trial fit in our car those bits do get deflected about 0.5 - 1". So if you have 17" at the point where your ar$e goes then that should be enough.

Let me know if you need any other measurements.

Andy

andrew-theasby

posted on 18/4/03 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Uh oh ive only got 16" passenger side and 15" driver side cause the tunnel steps out one way to allow for the diff not being central on the axle. Are they as flexible as this or is there some other nice ones available?
Jasper

posted on 18/4/03 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
I used Intatrim (01952 641712) Odyssey, £220 show offer, nice and comfy and very slim, I don't think I could have got Cobra's in mine either. Don't be tempted by the cheaper 'Ranger', it has bugger all low back support. It's worth ringing them and seeing if they have any show offers for the Stoneleigh show. I ended up with nice grey seats with black piping for the same money.
andyd

posted on 18/4/03 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrew-theasby
Uh oh ive only got 16" passenger side and 15" driver side cause the tunnel steps out one way to allow for the diff not being central on the axle. Are they as flexible as this or is there some other nice ones available?

Don't think the Cobras will fit then. Although the base ranges from about 14" to 17" depending on where you measure, I doubt that they'd fit into a 15" width once you have panels fitted.

Our chassis is a Luego book size and with the panels on the seat will get slightly deformed on the sides. Besides I wouldn't want to try and sit in anything smaller! These bad boys are "snug" to say the least and I'm not that big in the butt area!

Good luck in getting in and out of 15"/16" 's

As women will tell you, an inch may not sound a lot but...

Andy

andrew-theasby

posted on 19/4/03 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for helping, ill try giving intatrim a ring and see what they say, i really dont want to have bench seats but it might have to be the case
Ian Pearson

posted on 19/4/03 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
My chassis is standard, and my Intatrim seats fit easily. Nice seats, but they put the runners on crooked??
Jasper

posted on 19/4/03 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't get runners, ain't nobody else gonna drive my car!
Jasper

posted on 19/4/03 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, but only if you've got the nerve to use it (u know what I'm talking about!!)
svante

posted on 6/5/03 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Seat

I searched for seats to my locost but it ended with me doing them myself..
se pics in folder svante. Price (incl all material) ca £200 for both seats. It required some work but it was fun...

Svante

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris Leonard

posted on 6/5/03 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I have a book Chassis and the roadster 7 seats fit. The sides are quite flexible and although a tight fit they do go in
andrew-theasby

posted on 6/5/03 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I just got the intatrim catalogue in the post this week, and i like the look of them so i think thats what it ll be now. Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.