Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy Front wishbones
Glenn

posted on 1/5/03 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy Front wishbones

OK , i have sold my old Mk wishbones so im looking ato buy some new "indy" ones at stoneleigh, anyone know if they will go straight on the book chassis ?

I think the mounting points are slightley wider apart, is this correct ?

also, does anyone know how wide the track is with these wishbones ?

cheers

Glenn

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 1/5/03 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hello...

MK Indy wishbones wont go onto a book chassis. His Indy chassis is his own design and uses different size brackets/bushes and what not as well as different mounting positions.

I dont know if there are any suppliers of wishbones suitable for sierra width that will bolt onto a book chassis (luego or lolocost maybe - dunno). You may have to make them yourself =)

LIam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Glenn

posted on 1/5/03 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Oh well, i guess i'll be saving money but geting a few more burns

anyone have the dimensions for the sierra upright ? so i can work out the wishbone lengt.

Cheers

Viper

posted on 2/5/03 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
can't remember where this pic came from

[Edited on 2/5/2003 by Viper]
and it hasnt come up....
have a look in my archive...under sierra upright

[Edited on 2/5/2003 by Viper]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/5/03 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
one good rule

dont commit to making anything for something you dont have in your hand.

its a lot easier to measure the part and design around that then take a best guess.

I speak from experience! Also, the pivot point isnt at the ends of the upright, its in the joints, so you really need the upright and top and botom joints fitted to properly understand the geometry.

take a look on TOL in the files area for summat called the suspension helper.

its a simple program that lets you play with dimensions and see the effects on wheel movement.

atb

steve

Glenn

posted on 2/5/03 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
its ok stephen, i wont be making that mistake, i just wanted to get an idea of the sizes involved. Its helpful to get a few jots down on paper.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.