Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looking for pics of 1955 maserati 250/f1 steamliner
Dale

posted on 27/4/07 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
Looking for pics of 1955 maserati 250/f1 steamliner

I am playing with some more bodywork ideas and hope to mock something up this weekend. I am taking hints from a car I saw a pic of more than a year ago and it took me along time to find it again.- It is a one off maserati 250/f1 streamliner that was raced in 1955, one of one or two ever made as far as I can see and none are left in existance.

From my scetching and figuring I can make it fit ok onto my chassis and mgb rear and hood. Its not the boattail that I would like but there is only so much you can do with the rear spring mounts where they are. The tail I figure can work right into using the original mgb tailights as well.

I have this origianl pic and a couple pics of a model but no rear views, which I am hoping to find. Rescued attachment jb-i55.jpg
Rescued attachment jb-i55.jpg

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Dale

posted on 27/4/07 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
Quick scetch Rescued attachment 7 streamliner.jpg
Rescued attachment 7 streamliner.jpg

Thanks
Dale

and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Jonte

posted on 27/4/07 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
37 different pics
google

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 27/4/07 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
I think theres one in the amazing Donington collection.
Blokeinamoke

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Looks more like a Lancia d50 to me

Dale

posted on 27/4/07 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Of all the google links it is only shown once. The rest are normally the maserati 250/f1. Its not the lancia as the side pods and front and rear of the wings (or lack of) flow right to the center section. It raced in 1955 and was damaged in a fire later.
I just like the way it flows.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

Humbug

posted on 27/4/07 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
It looks quite interesting - different anyway.

btw, can you get away with open tops to the wheels in AmericaLand, or would you need some sort of cover?

Dale

posted on 27/4/07 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I am not sure to tell the truth but my neighbour has a sand rail that he drives around here and it was just passed inspection with no fenders at all. He said he had to say it would only be driven in dry weather- I am guessing it was a friend that did the inspection- But there are hot rods around with no fenders as well.. I think in the case of this type of fender a very small cycle fender could be kept in the side pods and stuck on a removable bracket. I am just playing with ideas at the moment as what ever I did to try and give front wheel turning on bump caused the fenders to look to tall in my other attempts. Here is a side view of a model but I cant find a back view.

Dale

Thanks
Dale

Blokeinamoke

posted on 29/4/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thats really nice. I can see why you want to build one
MustangSix

posted on 30/4/07 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
It looks quite interesting - different anyway.

btw, can you get away with open tops to the wheels in AmericaLand, or would you need some sort of cover?

Fenders? We don't need no stinkin' fenders! No SVA or anything like it to contend with in my state.

Truthfully, the regs vary from state to state. Here in sunny FL, no fenders are needed, but if you've ever driven an open wheel roadster in the rain, the effect is somewhat like getting pressure washed. And on sandy roads, it's a bit like being sandblasted.

Dale

posted on 30/4/07 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Its looking more like the rears will be completely covered unless I come up with something better than I have so far but I like the look from the drivers seat as I have it set right now. So open front wheel is the target for that. Water spray will only be able to go up but wind would bring it back .
Dale

Thanks
Dale

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.