Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mildly amused...
David Jenkins

posted on 28/6/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Mildly amused...

Went out for a tour of the local lanes this evening - coming back along an entertaining fast and twisty road I ended up behind a Porsche Boxter S (I think). Shortly afterwards I had a boy racer in a chav'd up VW hovering round my tail, being a nuisance.

Porsche got a clear road and booted it, I booted mine to keep pace (but kept a respectful distance - I wasn't racing) and... oh look... boy racer disappearing in my rear-view mirror!

Only a small blow for anti-chav-ism, but it made me smile...

omega0684

posted on 28/6/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
respect bro ! lmao

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
davrus

posted on 28/6/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Why do people sit so close up your arse, i have noticed this, go out in tin top and no problem , go out in Kit and they sit right up tight.

Total W--NKERS

Check out my website http://www.thedave.co.uk/
Feel free to sign my guest book in the links page.

Hellfire

posted on 28/6/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I was out this evening in my chaved up VW, just taking a leisurely drive when I came across what I think was a seven replica of some sort following a Porsche Boxster S. Couldn't quite make out which replica it was, so I got a bit closer to have a look. (bloke driving it seemed to get really agitated)

With a clear road up ahead, the Porsche booted it, as did the Locost (I managed to get close enough to it and find out what it was ) Unfortunately, the Locost couldn't keep up with the Porsche, try as he may.

I just kept a respectful distance behind the seven replica whilst thinking to myself. "If only I'd gone for a drive in my BEC. I'd have overtaken them both well before the straight and left them in a trail of dust"

Phil

[Edited on 28-6-07 by Hellfire]

RazMan

posted on 28/6/07 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
welderman

posted on 28/6/07 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
"beef" man

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Mole

posted on 28/6/07 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I was out this evening in my chaved up VW, just taking a leisurely drive when I came across what I think was a seven replica of some sort following a Porsche Boxster S. Couldn't quite make out which replica it was, so I got a bit closer to have a look. (bloke driving it seemed to get really agitated)

With a clear road up ahead, the Porsche booted it, as did the Locost (I managed to get close enough to it and find out what it was ) Unfortunately, the Locost couldn't keep up with the Porsche, try as he may.

I just kept a respectful distance behind the seven replica whilst thinking to myself. "If only I'd gone for a drive in my BEC. I'd have overtaken them both well before the straight and left them in a trail of dust"

Phil

worX

posted on 29/6/07 at 05:10 AM Reply With Quote
Well.......

I was out last evening in my Police Spotter Plane, and well you can probably guess the rest!!!

LOL

Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Phil

Danozeman

posted on 29/6/07 at 05:49 AM Reply With Quote
lol. Dam chavs. Cant wait till mines on the road. I often leave them standing in my tdi so my locost will be evn more fun.

David, You should take it down the D's man and pull some drifts round the bends...

(The D's = cardinals park round ipswich the royal mail office to us normal people) Thats a chav race circuit!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

speedyxjs

posted on 29/6/07 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
I do that a lot in my jag
What a great feeling

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

David Jenkins

posted on 29/6/07 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
I should add - in all modesty - that the Porsche could have left me in the dust if he had chosen to keep accelerating!

It was just good fun to blast from 30-ish up to 60-ish in just a few seconds, leaving said chav waaaay behind.

Your comments made me chuckle though...

David Jenkins

posted on 29/6/07 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davrus
Why do people sit so close up your arse, i have noticed this, go out in tin top and no problem , go out in Kit and they sit right up tight.

Mind you, I have had people move out of my way when I've driven up behind them (not tailgating!) and I've even had one indicate left and wave me past. Maybe he was a fellow kit owner...

David Jenkins

posted on 29/6/07 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
lol. Dam chavs. Cant wait till mines on the road. I often leave them standing in my tdi so my locost will be evn more fun.

David, You should take it down the D's man and pull some drifts round the bends...

(The D's = cardinals park round ipswich the royal mail office to us normal people) Thats a chav race circuit!

I normally stay a long way from chavs, in the car AND on foot. They're the main reason I won't take my toy car into Ipswich in the evenings and on Saturday afternoons. Too high a risk...

RazMan

posted on 29/6/07 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Mind you, I have had people move out of my way when I've driven up behind them (not tailgating!) and I've even had one indicate left and wave me past. Maybe he was a fellow kit owner...

I get this quite a lot and it can be a bit unnerving at times - I keep looking around for the speed camera or something else that they might have seen.
It also happens at junctions and roundabouts - people often wave at me to go in front of them ..... spooky. swmbo often remarks (when she is a passenger in the car) 'Why don't people do that when I'm in my car?!'

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.