Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How much do you think it is worth?
davrus

posted on 22/7/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
How much do you think it is worth?

Hi ya

Looking to sell the locost to fund new project.
How much do you think i would get for it and where would you advise me on selling it.
It is a 1300 crossflow!

S.V.A 'd and registered 05.2007

Pic are in my photo archive.

Many thanks

Dave

[Edited on 22-7-07 by davrus]

[Edited on 22-7-07 by davrus]

Check out my website http://www.thedave.co.uk/
Feel free to sign my guest book in the links page.

big_wasa

posted on 22/7/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
So soon, I havnt seen you out in yet
davrus

posted on 22/7/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Lol , you obviously dont get out much

Check out my website http://www.thedave.co.uk/
Feel free to sign my guest book in the links page.

zxrlocost

posted on 22/7/07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi probably about 2 and a half grand and ebay is always a good one

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

graememk

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
seeing as your out and about so much is there any chance of my sva pad and nut covers back ?

and in my personal oppinion £3k+ if you have the engine running ok now

[Edited on 22/7/07 by graememk]

donut

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
£1000 i recon, how would you like to be paid, Cash, Cheque or Paypal?

Sorry.... £2500 sounds about right. Wish i had the cash

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Are they really worth so little. If so I may aswell sell up and by another bike now

Its got to be worth £4k hasnt it or am I dreaming ?

spaximus

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
value is so fickle in 7 type cars. Westfields were always £5k upwards but now you see £2.5- 3.5K as a starting price for good cars. The sheer vloume of Locost manufacturers has forced prices down as well. but the biggest thing hitting the value of the cars is the weather. No one is looking to buy a car like ours so they can sit and get wet. Wait till it is sunny and then £3k as a start guide, but at the moment yes £2.5 seems about right and doesn't reflect what you have paid or the time you have put in.
zxrlocost

posted on 22/7/07 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
spaximus I think youll find anything with a name ie westfield MK MNR etc and a good engine/looks.. can fetch more like 7-8 grand plus to well over double £k's?

sadly a locost will only fetch around the price I said depending on spec

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

spaximus

posted on 23/7/07 at 05:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zxrlocost
spaximus I think youll find anything with a name ie westfield MK MNR etc and a good engine/looks.. can fetch more like 7-8 grand plus to well over double £k's?

sadly a locost will only fetch around the price I said depending on spec

Sorry at the moment you are incorrect, if you look on pistonheads there are 68 Westfields for sale and the starting prices on there are around £5k but there have been lots on Ebay that have sold for £3k. Yes the upper limit for the right cars is much higher than a locost brand like MK, but the point I was making is if the value of Westfields is dropping it will inevitably affect the lesser known brands and the completly self built ones. This is no reflection on quality but a reflection on the overall market.

marc n

posted on 23/7/07 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry at the moment you are incorrect, if you look on pistonheads there are 68 Westfields for sale and the starting prices on there are around £5k but there have been lots on Ebay that have sold for £3k. Yes the upper limit for the right cars is much higher than a locost brand like MK, but the point I was making is if the value of Westfields is dropping it will inevitably affect the lesser known brands and the completly self built ones. This is no reflection on quality but a reflection on the overall market.

well since we have been going the average second hand price is 8.5 to 12k second hand on one of our cars, the only car im aware of that was really cheap second hand was the zx9r one on ebay recently that had rear arches on the wrong way round , had no interior panels etc etc

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spaximus

posted on 23/7/07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
As I said it is no reflection on quality at all, and yes yours are very good indeed Mark. My point is there is a glut of cars at the moment in a market which isn't bouyant due to various reasons. There are Westfields which will sell for £15-16k easily but 5 years ago when I bought my first westfield there was little choice at less the £6k now there is a much wider choice. I hope it bounces back as residual values on all 7 type cars was very good now it isn't. It is a subject that has been discussed to death over on the Westfield site as there are several owners who have broken cars as the sum of parts is greater than the value of the car in the market today.
Bike engined ones seem to be better at gaining higher prices than car engined at the moment.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.