Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I should have known better
Pants On Fire

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I should have known better

As the title says.
I ordered some lights from eBay from a seller called tania6185 who appears to be linked to gts tuning in some way, ie there's a link to their site from the item page which I didn't really take any notice of when I bought the item, doh!

I paid instantly as requested a month ago.

So far 1 reply to an eBay message says the old chestnut 'as far as I am aware all orders have been posted, I'll check with the post office and get back to you tomorrow' That was the 10 October, nowt since. I appreciate there's been a Royal Mail strike in the meantime but I got a parcel today from Northants that was posted on Wednesday.

I've rung the Scarlet Pimpernel 6 times every day for the past 6 working days, my maths reckons thats 36 phone calls. Every single one goes unanswered and drops out to say it cannot be answered. The workshop number is disconnected and the Pimpernel doesn't respond to eBay email or email direct to GTS.

So, number 1, I've learnt my lesson the hard way, dont deal with GTS Tuning or any of their bed fellows.

Number 2, I should have learnt the lesson earlier by reading some of the threads on here.

Number 3, I needed to vent my spleen, sorry for taking up space.

Number 4, where should I start proceedings to get a refund as clearly numbnuts is out to lunch? Should I report the item as not recieved or go to PayPal first?

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

donut

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Every time i see stuff i'm interested in on ebay i always check for that user. Last time a looked there was 100% satisfaction but i will still not purchase from them EVER!

Oooh gone down to 90%

[Edited on 18/10/07 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
If you're going to open an Ebay dispute do it quickly- they'll only accept it up to a certain amount of time.....
westf27

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Be good to see him on watchdog or rogue traders,mind you nothing ever happens does it,and the kit car business still seems to support the guy
mr henderson

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pants On Fire

So, number 1, I've learnt my lesson the hard way, dont deal with GTS Tuning or any of their bed fellows.

Is that the same GTS tuning that's at the top of the list of links on this web site?

UncleFista

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pants On Fire
As the title says.
I ordered some lights from eBay from a seller called tania6185 who appears to be linked to gts tuning in some way

That is the ebay ID GTS trade under now, I reckon the old ID had such abysmal feedback people stopped ordering.

Looks like it's just a matter of time 'til he's looking for another ID

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

graememk

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
in a way i can relate to this problem.

when i first started my company and i didnt have things in place, i became busy and couldnt keep up with orders etc and things got left.

i can see how it can happen, but i did something about it and i now have a very busy company that earns me a few £££

stevec

posted on 18/10/07 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I bought some from the same seller and they took a long time so I ordered some really nice ones from SVC, which came next day. Exactly as the van pulled off the drive the ones from GTS turned up.
theconrodkid

posted on 18/10/07 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning are an interesting kitcar manufacturer. Easy to dismiss them as just another Locost supplier. To do that would be to miss the point by a considerable margin. You see GTS boss Darren George is a ‘proper’ engineer with a background in Formula One. Read his CV and it makes a real impact. He’s got a degree in Mechanical Engineering for starters, and worked for F1-design legend John Barnard’s B3 Technologies company, spending three years as a suspension designer, and at one time 25% of the F1 grid were using dampers he’d designed. He’s also worked on Ford and Toyota’s WRC programmes as well as the Japanese manufacturer’s GT and Le Mans projects, and let’s not forget the dampers he designed for the Dodge Viper and Plymouth Prowler. As you can see he’s got a serious pedigree.

stolen from total kit car....obviously been very busy

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Paul TigerB6

posted on 18/10/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
GTS Tuning are an interesting kitcar manufacturer. Easy to dismiss them as just another Locost supplier. To do that would be to miss the point by a considerable margin. You see GTS boss Darren George is a ‘proper’ engineer with a background in Formula One. Read his CV and it makes a real impact. He’s got a degree in Mechanical Engineering for starters, and worked for F1-design legend John Barnard’s B3 Technologies company, spending three years as a suspension designer, and at one time 25% of the F1 grid were using dampers he’d designed. He’s also worked on Ford and Toyota’s WRC programmes as well as the Japanese manufacturer’s GT and Le Mans projects, and let’s not forget the dampers he designed for the Dodge Viper and Plymouth Prowler. As you can see he’s got a serious pedigree.

He's also got a serious issue with customer service, so as far as I care he could have designed the Space Shuttle single handed - I still wouldnt buy anything from him now. Its a real shame as there are so many items on his website i would buy for my own car and i dont doubt the quality he offers (when its delivered).

I know its been done to death on the forum but its a simple fact - deliver a quality product at the right price and success should follow. Its seems its just the "deliver" bit that needs some work (and maybe a member of staff??) for GTS to be way up there with Mac#1 and MNR

Dale Jarret

posted on 18/10/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

Really? ............

DJ

D Beddows

posted on 18/10/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
It depends very much who and how much you believe...........

Don't get me wrong Darren knows his stuff BUT if he's that good why is he p*ssing about scratching a living from kit cars?

D*mn I've joined in a GTS thread

Paul TigerB6

posted on 18/10/07 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
It depends very much who and how much you believe...........

Don't get me wrong Darren knows his stuff BUT if he's that good why is he p*ssing about scratching a living from kit cars?

Maybe its because by the time he delivers whatever it is he's working on to the relevant F1 team - Ferrari have already run to uncle Max to have the FIA make it illegal (unless of course it for Ferrari)

BenB

posted on 18/10/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add my £0.01 I ordered some maxi balljoints / lower swivels from them and they came very quickly and were cheap as chips.... Your mileage may vary....
Pants On Fire

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ooooh surprise surprise as of today tania6185 is no longer a registered user, hopefully eBay has caught up with this knob.

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

bjw970s

posted on 24/10/07 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunatley they de-registered just after I bought some lights and cycle wings and are not answering any emails or phone calls.

I bought based upon a clear and well laid out website - that will teach me!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smitstui

posted on 25/10/07 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Are they still trading as a company away from ebay? I have had an order for about £1200 of parts with them for 3 months. I am about to cancel it as I cant get the parts or any answers.

Thankfully I paid for it on my Credit Card!

Russ-Turner

posted on 25/10/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
Be good to see him on watchdog

Ha-ha, I can see it now, Nicky Cambell saying "Where's Darren?" because they probably won't be able to get hold of him either!!

bjw970s

posted on 28/10/07 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought it was worth mentioning that I received my parts.

So, they are obviously still trading!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.