Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hamilton - who's worse?
Ivan

posted on 8/6/08 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton - who's worse?

Senior or junior

Russ-Turner

posted on 8/6/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Could have happened to anybody. Snr on the other hand...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alfa145

posted on 8/6/08 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
So Hamilton get a 10 place penalty next race for running into the back of someone, but Kimi runs into someone in Monaco but gets away with it.......

On a more serious and less cynical note, I thought the closing of the pit lane during safety car periods was to stop this sort of thing?

clairetoo

posted on 8/6/08 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
I still cant work out why the pit lane entrance was open , but the exit was closed ?
Another good race ruined by a needless safety car session

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

adithorp

posted on 8/6/08 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Pit lane exit is closed whenever the safety car and the pack following it is passing.

What was Kimi doing there? He should have been held in his pit and not released alongside a car already coming down the pit lane.

adrian

ecosse

posted on 8/6/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
I still cant work out why the pit lane entrance was open , but the exit was closed ?
Another good race ruined by a needless safety car session

Exit was closed because the safety car had not cleared the start finish straight

I thought the race was pretty good though, great to see Kubica win his first and for Coulthard to get a podium.

And quite funny listening to LH claiming he did know how it happened...LOL

Cheers
Alex

Hellfire

posted on 8/6/08 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
LH - he made a mistake, he wasn't paying attention. He was lost for words when having a Mic shoved into his face - but should have thought a little more about what did come out when he said something... most unlike him, normally cool as cucumber.

I guess 10 points is not a lot for driving with Undue Care and Attention.

It surprises me that no-one understands the rules properly - Ferrari have one rule, McLaren have another rule and all the rest have another. It's a bit like football...

Steve

RK

posted on 8/6/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
My wife told me what happened while I was out. Doesn't the team get on the radio and tell him what's going on "by the way, don't go taking off just yet, there's a delay" or something? Can't say it sounds like it's all his fault. It's a team "sport" after all.
Triton

posted on 8/6/08 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
First rule of driving is it not...red light means stop...what a muppet ...

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Volvorsport

posted on 8/6/08 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
claims he saw it too late !!!

i think letting raikkonen go was something to do with overtaking in the pits legally by doing a shorter stop .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

skodaman

posted on 8/6/08 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Amusing how Rosberg did exactly the same thing. If Lewis had stopped like he should Rosberg would have piled up anyway. Thought Kimi took it quite well.

Skodaman

britishtrident

posted on 9/6/08 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
When I saw all the leaders going to pit at the same time I knew trouble was coming - but I didn't expect what actually happened.

I think Kimi also nearly didn't manage to stop without overshooting the line which is why he took it so well.

That the tyres were cold and surface had painted lines didn't help.

10 places is probably a bit hard 5 would have been about right after all it was a driving error not a cynical cheat like Schueys infamous track blocking in Monaco.

Still good came out of it 3 good guys on the podium.

[Edited on 9/6/08 by britishtrident]

spaximus

posted on 9/6/08 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
The differance between Hamilton and Kimi was when Kimi ran into the back of Sutil it was at speed during the race, Hamilton was in the pit lane where safety is paramount. You can not excuse his part in it he should have looked ahead. Also to say he was winning it easily was arrogant, it was a long way to the finish and has he showed anything can happen.
I want him to do well but I fear the signs that affected Button are there, too much money too fast starting to grow an ego.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 9/6/08 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
I think that big head of his squeezed into that crash helmet must have affected his vision.
Good enough for the cocky git. lol

Agriv8

posted on 9/6/08 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
least he hit a championship rival did seem strange that the 2 cars were side by side it would have ben an intresting drag race. I think the penalty is fare it could have been a marshal ect pitty it was not max m though

regards agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

scootz

posted on 9/6/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
No sympathy I'm afraid.

He made a schoolboy error and that's that!

He was so caught up in watching the Ferrari and BMW getting out of their boxes before him, and disengaged his brain.

I thought he also let himself down with his remarks about 'breezing it'. Kimi was setting the pace prior to the safety car, and let's not forget - Kimi and Kubica had both leapfrogged him in the pits, so it was game-on!

PS - Kimi's shunt in Monaco can't be compared. That was a racing incident - Hamilton's was pure brain-fade.

eznfrank

posted on 9/6/08 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
What actually prevented him from finishing the race, I only caught a quick glimpse of it but there didn't seem to be horrendous damage?
greggers

posted on 9/6/08 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Think the person who lost out most was Massa. Having to come into the pits twice and have his race ruined in the process. OK Kimmi was knocked out but he deserved it for his poor drving in Monaco knocking out a Force India car...
RickRick

posted on 9/6/08 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
the right hand front wheel looked pushed back to me
skodaman

posted on 9/6/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
'I think the penalty is fare it could have been a marshal ect pitty it was not max m though '

Skodaman

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.