Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cunning thieves
BenB

posted on 29/6/08 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Cunning thieves

One of my friends is a antique jewellery dealer. He takes a lot of jewellery with him when he's displaying at fairs and subsequently is a bit of a target for a smack over the head and adios jewellery when leaving fairs and loading up his van. As it happens, on this occasion he had arranged for 2 ex-SAS men to courier his stuff back down to London... so the "attack" would probably have never happened if the thieves were monitoring the situation closely as they would have seen the couriers...

Anyhow, he drove to the fair in his brand new Diesel transit connect ( f ugly btw!!). Whilst he was at the fair the organiser came to say he'd noticed a pool of water under my mate's van in the grass car park. It turns out someone had slashed his radiator pipe in two seperate places.. Which really is quite nastily cunning, especially as the temperature guage won't read high when it's sat in air. Presumably the plan was to follow him for a few miles until the engine suddenly seized and then pounce....

Luckily the RAC patched up the hosework and (get this!!) arranged for 2* Police armed response vehicles to accompany him onto the motorway

Cunning little thieving shits though!!

Mark G

posted on 29/6/08 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
I was wondering why he didn't break down. I was following him for ages!

Russ-Turner

posted on 29/6/08 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Shame they couldn't set up sting to nick the gypos down the road. Even so, a plan more cunning than a fox recently appointed Head of Cunning at Oxford University!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
drhunter

posted on 29/6/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Don't you mean Foxford university

That is a bit scary though, he'll be needing an armour plated vehicle next

BenB

posted on 29/6/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
The couriers VW car was armour plated!!!!
rusty nuts

posted on 29/6/08 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Was told a similar thing by a market trader years ago, a lot more common than you would think
Daimo_45

posted on 29/6/08 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Scummy bastards can't go out and earn their living so have to target other people.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.