Board logo

Original and aftermarket exhausts silencers
bassett - 12/6/09 at 01:00 PM

Hi, ive currently got a r1 engined mnr with the giant silencer which is great for sva , mots and tracks but could be a bit more vocal like the original bike for everyday use. Its an R1 02-03 5pw model so whats the best silencer to fit - an original or aftermarket and would anyone happen to know the ID and OD so i could check for fitment?
Cheers
Adam

[Edited on 12/6/09 by bassett]

imp paul - 12/6/09 at 01:59 PM

akrapovic are the muts nuts and sound mint but a wee bit pricey

tomprescott - 12/6/09 at 02:15 PM

I second akrapovic, or yoshimura, both are pretty expensive but theres no point buying a cheap aftermarket can if you want a decent sound because most of them sound awful.

main82000 - 12/6/09 at 04:41 PM

hi there
just gettin some parts for my bec so i bought a scorpion last night off of ebay quite cheap £101 delivered had 1 on a r6 i used to have and i loved it deep even tone with the essence of speed

here is a link http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/soundzone.php

daniel mason - 12/6/09 at 04:47 PM

i had a racefit megaphone titanium can on my last BEC. it was far too loud and i had to take it off in the end.my ears were ringing after less than 5 minutes driving. choose carefully!

dean100yz - 12/6/09 at 07:17 PM

I had a cherry bomb and found same. Noisy but not a quality loud just sounded bad tbh.

Im having a bigger silencer fitted now from MAC to keep into tracks and general road mayhem

dean100yz - 12/6/09 at 07:17 PM

I had a cherry bomb and found same. Noisy but not a quality loud just sounded bad tbh.

Im having a bigger silencer fitted now from MAC to keep into tracks and general road mayhem

bassett - 13/6/09 at 10:32 AM

how about fitment? any ideas on the ID of the silencer? as a cheaper solution are original cans any good as there seem to be a few popping up on ebay?
cheers
Adam