Board logo

average registration time?
daniel mason - 24/3/09 at 08:37 PM

Roughly how long after an sva pass will it take to get the car registered and on the road? my sva is april 2nd so if by chance i was too pass,when am i likely to be on the road? its my first sva so am unsure of procedure.

ReMan - 24/3/09 at 08:39 PM

5 days

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 24/3/09 at 08:52 PM

i had my S.V.A on the 10th,A.M
D.V.L.A the 10th P.M
registration authorisation papers back on the 12th super fast cause of the falling car sales i think they obviously were not that bussy
cheers wayne
p,s good luck

daniel mason - 24/3/09 at 08:56 PM

thanks guys, that is quicker than i thought. did you have to tow the car there or did they visit for inspection? heard a horror story when they made a guy almost pull his car to bits after it had passed sva!

mangogrooveworkshop - 24/3/09 at 09:08 PM

Think of me Im about to register two at the same time.......

mad-butcher - 24/3/09 at 09:09 PM

depends on dvla office,
once you get to see the guy at chester and he makes an appointment it's all over in a couple of hours c/w tax disc

tony

daniel mason - 24/3/09 at 09:13 PM

am not sure where the nearest place to me is. i know there is one in preston but that is about 50 mins away!

eccsmk - 24/3/09 at 09:41 PM

i posted my paperwork to the dvla weeks ago and ive heard nothing
worst bit is i cant even ring them direct i have to ring swansea

mad-butcher - 24/3/09 at 09:55 PM

take a new set of paperwork to local office, mail doesn't seem to get to person it's meant to

tony

eccsmk - 24/3/09 at 10:11 PM

thank you sir i'll give it a go

James - 25/3/09 at 12:46 AM

With the right DVLA office and right person behind the desk you *can* do it the same day as your SVA.

If you arrange inspection for before SVA you can then go straight to the office.

Donut, myself and possibly Fozzie all did this at Wimbledon.

After SVA I drove straight to DVLA, from there I drove home via the motor factors and got my plate. Then I fitted the plate and went out to play!

But it seems you have to be bloody lucky to do it!

Cheers,
James