Board logo

Testing the water?
stevio73 - 18/11/14 at 03:26 PM

I've been considering selling my build.
It's a haynes roadster with a ZZR1100 engine. It represents a good four years of my life, collecting bits and assembly. Purely a technical exercise to prove to myself I could do it.
Yes I have been naughty and driven it on the road a little despite not having passed an IVA. Tut and point fingers if you wish, but I had a little fun.

So, what's it worth? Hoping for around £5000 as a project to get IVA'd over winter? That's about what I've got in it. (She wants a new kitchen so something's gotta give)

Will try and figure how to do pics but I'm ipad based and struggle with technology.

adithorp - 18/11/14 at 03:43 PM

Depends on full spec and how complete it is I'd have thought.

Even registered and fully road worthy I doubt you'll get back wht you put into it, especially at this time of year.

Ben_Copeland - 18/11/14 at 03:49 PM

Hard to tell without pictures, but I very much doubt you'll get £5k without IVA'ing it.

They are worth a lot more with the registration !

stevio73 - 18/11/14 at 04:35 PM

I guessed as much,
It's all together runs pretty good. I have a bunch of pics all the way through the build but I'm totally inept at posting pics on here.

Runs out of steam at 105mph due to the 3.62 diff. But it sure does get there nice. It's all Ali body, minus the bonnet scoop, nose cone and wings.

Even at £4k as a track toy, I think you'd be on a winner.