Board logo

Pull type slave cylinder
samjc - 2/11/11 at 08:59 AM

Needing a pull type slave cyli, nder for a project im doing, and type of small hydraulic pull type cylinder as ive got a new landrover push type to swap or for sensible price id buy.
If anyone know what vehicle or place to get one that woud also be greatly apreciated
Cheers
Sam

tony-devon - 2/11/11 at 09:17 AM

what size piston?

couldnt you just use a push one, but mount a pivot to change pull to push action, this also giving you some tweakability to the leverage ratio and travel etc

if you want small then a bike rear brake master is compact, usually 1/2" or 5/8" bore, but be careful as they dont have as much stroke as the landrover type one etc

Hector.Brocklebank - 2/11/11 at 09:56 AM

hi

rally design do what you want pull cylinder

saves arsing about trying to change the throw from one direction to the other, i have one and the extension rod comes off making it very compact if it needs to be.

[Edited on 2/11/2011 by Hector.Brocklebank]

samjc - 2/11/11 at 06:47 PM

Its to.use on my type 9 for the clutch but the landrover ones a tad big without cutting footwell but idea is cost so if its to expensive ill modify what I have. The bike ones how compact are they as not done anything realy on bikes.

samjc - 2/11/11 at 06:54 PM

Had a quick look bike ones seem good enough to operate clutch on the type 9, but me being a tad slow would like if anyone could post a diagram jow they work as have a rough idra and seem.like a pull type

eddie99 - 2/11/11 at 08:12 PM

The one that Rally design sell mentioned above is perfect for type 9 application, i have one

samjc - 2/11/11 at 08:36 PM

Like £56 then postage shall have a look at my options but rally design will be a final choice if all fails.

neo2 - 2/11/11 at 09:37 PM

What size master cylinder do you guys use for the willwood pull one from rally design as im using a landrover series 2 clucth master cylinder and its not moving the arm enough on the box but ive no idea of its size etc...

Rob