Board logo

Bridgeport milling machine wanted
v8kid - 16/12/15 at 12:56 PM

Looking for a Bridgeport, pretty much any model, as a project to renovate. Anything going?

Cheers!

nick205 - 16/12/15 at 04:11 PM

Heavy!

v8kid - 16/12/15 at 04:36 PM

Heavy is not a problem, done heavy loads of times

Flatbed trailer, 2T winch and rollers, take it easy, job done.

Cheers!

rj - 16/12/15 at 06:59 PM

I know of an Archdale vertical mill for sale, its near Matlock, Derbyshire, its about Bridgeport size, but fixed head, 40 Int taper in head, 3 phase. I don't know if it is something you would consider, or is it a million miles from you ? not sure on price, I know the place was trying to sell with a totally rubbish/ information free listing on ebay, would guess £400 would be about right. I will be there tomorrow, I will have a word about price

nick205 - 17/12/15 at 03:32 PM

From experience, the jigs, fixtures and tooling cost money as well.

thefreak - 17/12/15 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rj
I know of an Archdale vertical mill for sale, its near Matlock, Derbyshire, its about Bridgeport size, but fixed head, 40 Int taper in head, 3 phase. I don't know if it is something you would consider, or is it a million miles from you ? not sure on price, I know the place was trying to sell with a totally rubbish/ information free listing on ebay, would guess £400 would be about right. I will be there tomorrow, I will have a word about price

Who was the seller?
My engineer is based near Matlock, Derbyshire... hope he's not subtly trying to tell me something

v8kid - 17/12/15 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
From experience, the jigs, fixtures and tooling cost money as well.

Thanks that's worth bearing in mind

Neville Jones - 18/12/15 at 10:22 AM

You're in Scotland, I think?

A long drive, but I've never had a problem dealing with Nobilla machine tools.

http://www.nobilla.co.uk/

They've usually got a shed full of machines from near new to the near useless worn out. Heaps of tooling at cheap prices, or thrown in with the machine.

I've been dealing with them for years, now the son is running things these days. Good people, and will do a bit of horse trading.

Cheers,
Nev.