Board logo

Cheap zx10 engine
nludkin - 6/5/07 at 08:44 AM

I could be wrong, but I saw this on ebay and it does look a little on the cheap side?

Ebay Link

bigrich - 6/5/07 at 08:50 AM

if that is a full install kit then its a bargain, just seems too much of a bargain

Humbug - 6/5/07 at 09:19 AM

Doesn't include everything: "This engine comes with an uncoded ECU that will allow it to run. This engine does not come with radiator and exhaust downpipes. I also have a coded ECU with keys that I can sell (with the engine or seperately). This would mean that the engine then had a built in immobiliser."

Seems a bit sus that he's got a picture of the whole bike, but can't say what the mileage was???

UncleFista - 6/5/07 at 09:45 AM

quote:

Seems a bit sus that he's got a picture of the whole bike, but can't say what the mileage was???

Is the Odometer digital ? The bike seems to have had a heavy front end bump, might have broken the odo ?...

mangogrooveworkshop - 6/5/07 at 09:49 AM

His turn over is 15k this last month so he is doing business. His strategy is to move parts rather than sit on them for ages. He is a powerseller with only a few negs so he does check out.

Humbug - 6/5/07 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
quote:

Is the Odometer digital ? The bike seems to have had a heavy front end bump, might have broken the odo ?...

Fair enough then, maybe

bpgoa - 19/5/07 at 07:44 PM

and picked it up on saturday.

the seller operates out of a small industrial unit in Kiddiminster. the bikes are sourced from the benelux countries and have been put down the road. I was shown the reciept for the bike .... and felt sick.. belive me .. he's making enough....

bike had indeed had a full front on smash.. the fork tubes had sheared clean in half.. but the clocks had survived... sadly they had been sold..

engine was good and clean, however I haven't been able to start it yet. for the price I paid, I saved enough to pay for a fair amount of work,.. I was also given a months guarantee ... lets hope I don't need it...

ok.... does anyone have a plan for a cradle to fit this??????