Board logo

e-bay
david - 18/6/11 at 12:21 AM

Got a message from e-bay to say that my account had been suspended. I informed them that i had never sold anything on e-bay just bought. They stated that i did not owe any money and asked me to produce documents. my driving license was one of the documents. They suggested I faxed it to them which I did but they say they never received it. Any thoughts. I have spoken to them on phone and chat line so I have no reason to suspect anything. Any thoughts

clairetoo - 18/6/11 at 12:31 AM

Sounds like you just been scammed...........

[Edited on 18/6/11 by clairetoo]

loggyboy - 18/6/11 at 12:43 AM

Youve been phished. (google it!)

If youve told them any passords or details, change them now!!

UncleFista - 18/6/11 at 01:54 AM

Don't worry, they do this occasionally, it seems to be at random.
Check the ebay forums, lots of people having trouble faxing them documents.
Just make sure you're definitely talking to ebay, get them to verify your username and password etc.

I've not had it happen to me, but from the forums etc. it can be a pain, but the ebay customer support do seem to try to help..

From experience, the best ebay support is through the webchat thing.

[Edited on 18/6/11 by UncleFista]

McLannahan - 18/6/11 at 06:26 AM

I had my account suspended a few months back. Took a few days to sort and they couldn't tell me why it had happened either. Delayed a few quid or so payments I was trying to make and then from nowhere it was all back and sorted. My experience of support was poor to be honest, I had hoped to speak to someone that'd understand my simple questions and statements but no. I didn't need any docs though but I too have heard of this requirement sometimes.

Ninehigh - 19/6/11 at 02:43 AM

I've also had my accounts suspended at:
Barclays
Natwest
Alliance and Leicester, and later Santander
Halifax
Lloyds TSB
The Tax Office

And even some banks I'm with!

fastfu - 29/6/11 at 09:54 PM

I get about 2 of these a day, pure scammage