Board logo

boot cover
markyb - 7/2/09 at 07:11 PM

I am about to start to attempt to fit the CF effect boot cover and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about it (accompanying photos would be nice too ).

I have done a cardboard template but just want to make sure I am going about it the right way before cutting and making a horlicks of it.

thanks

stuart_g - 8/2/09 at 11:06 AM

I also made a cardboard template, then transfered this to the CF sheet. I made cuts in the template from the Roll bars to the outside of the car.

Here's a pic. Rescued attachment P1010090.JPG
Rescued attachment P1010090.JPG

markyb - 8/2/09 at 11:29 AM

just what I was looking for - much appreciated

Johneturbo - 8/2/09 at 04:41 PM

Thats the next job for me

last time i cut mine into 3 sections as i found it very difficult to get it all past the roll bar
might try the one piece method

Stu, are they Dzus fixings at the back?

stuart_g - 8/2/09 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
Thats the next job for me

last time i cut mine into 3 sections as i found it very difficult to get it all past the roll bar
might try the one piece method

Stu, are they Dzus fixings at the back?

It is a bit of a job getting it to fit in one piece but I found it easier to fit it to the passenger side first due to the diagonal roll bar brace then fit it round the roll bar/brace on the drivers side.
I secured it with the self tappers and black number plate screw covers that are supplied. I had only fitted 3 when I took the picture, they are fitted all the way around.

markyb - 8/2/09 at 11:14 PM

got mine cut today as per stuart's method and it worked out well - after a bit of trial and error I also found the only way to get it to fit was by fitting the panel from the passenger side first .

joemotion - 25/2/09 at 07:18 PM

where did you get the cover from? carbon mods?

Pdlewis - 25/2/09 at 07:44 PM

I was going to use number plate screws/caps but from the picture they didnt look like theyd pass the radius test. these are the ones i was looking at

caps this is the best picture not the actual caps as these are super expensive

maximill666 - 25/2/09 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pdlewis
I was going to use number plate screws/caps but from the picture they didnt look like theyd pass the radius test. these are the ones i was looking at

caps this is the best picture not the actual caps as these are super expensive

Screw caps will pass sva ok, I used them on mine