Board logo

Nosecone Grill
The Venom Project - 9/3/10 at 04:45 PM

How do you guys fit the mesh to the nose? Is it bonded on with silicone? Is it screwed into blocks? Have my mesh, but no solid clue what to do, I have a few ideas, but just wondered what everyone else has done?

Cheers

Nick

[Edited on 9/3/10 by The Venom Project]

dunk3 - 9/3/10 at 04:52 PM

I used some sikaflex to bond 4 peices of wood to inside of the nosecone, and then screwed the grill to the wood, there are some photos in my archive.

sucksqueezebangblow - 9/3/10 at 04:52 PM

Hi Nick,

I used the off-cuts from the rear wheel cut-outs in the body. I used the 90 degree angle in one of the off-cuts to make 5 angle brackets. I glued these into the inside lips of the cone with epoxy resin and then, once set, overlaid the grille from the inside and marked the bolt positions on the brackets. I then drilled the brackets and fitted rivnuts, and then bolted the grille in with ally bolts

VortX Grille
VortX Grille

[Edited on 9/3/10 by sucksqueezebangblow]

twybrow - 9/3/10 at 04:55 PM

I bent mine around the inside of the nose cone, and used PU adhesive to hold it in place...

iscmatt - 9/3/10 at 05:06 PM

Mine is bent around the lip and the attached with 4 zip ties, makes it easy to remove, especially for cleaning when its full of bugs!

Humbug - 9/3/10 at 05:40 PM

I bonded 4 bolts behind the return with fibreglass mat and resin, then fixed the grill with washers and nylocs

spdpug98 - 9/3/10 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dunk3
I used some sikaflex to bond 4 peices of wood to inside of the nosecone, and then screwed the grill to the wood, there are some photos in my archive.

I did the same

richardh - 9/3/10 at 06:02 PM

Same as Humbug for me

Wheels244 - 9/3/10 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spdpug98
quote:
Originally posted by dunk3

I did the same

Me too

34" dowel fits well between the slats - I sanded a flat onto them - bonded in with PU and then self tappers to fix grill to dowels.

Krismc - 9/3/10 at 10:04 PM

I forced it in and crossed my fingers