Board logo

MK Engineering
robe45 - 9/2/10 at 06:29 PM

Hi guys
I wonder if some one can help me
I am trying get on to MK Engineering,s web site to price parts but am having problems. Does any one know have they changed their address or do they no longer do parts
Cheers Rob

blakep82 - 9/2/10 at 06:31 PM

this one?
http://www.mksportscars.co.uk/

edit
http://www.mkengineering.co.uk/
oh, right, i see...

[Edited on 9/2/10 by blakep82]

ashg - 9/2/10 at 06:34 PM

what parts are you after robe45

DRC INDY 7 - 9/2/10 at 06:48 PM

Its better to phone he won't bite

austin man - 9/2/10 at 06:54 PM

MK Engineering is Martin Keenan he doesn't have prices on his site as a rule, Marin build the MIDI and offers bespoke parts, exhausts, ally tpetrol tanks, header tanks and anything else you want manafacturing. Good uality

MK Sportscars makes the Indy and associated parts they do have a price list

robe45 - 9/2/10 at 06:55 PM

cheers guys
I think it might be best to phone because I have tried those adresses but only managed to get on to the sport cars site.
The part I need the price for Ash is a set of poly bushes and the rear hub mounts I have aiready made the wishbone,s but the mounts look a bit to much
rob

RAYLEE29 - 9/2/10 at 09:11 PM

not wanting to take business from anyone but you could try saturn sports cars or 3ge components
what car are you building is it from the champion book or the gibbs book
if its the later then take a look at the haynes forum
friendly bunch on there too
Ray

TAZZMAXX - 22/10/11 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RAYLEE29 the gibbs book
if its the later then take a look at the haynes forum
friendly bunch on there too
Ray

This might be a stupid question but is there a completely separate forum for Haynes Rodster builders? I've seen a few references to it but thought it was the sub-forum on this site. I'm building a Haynes and have loads of questions that maybe better posted up on a more build specific site.

Thanks.

Ben_Copeland - 22/10/11 at 09:13 PM

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php

But i'm sure we can answer any questions you have... I'm building one myself if you need any help

TAZZMAXX - 22/10/11 at 09:31 PM

Cheers Ben,

Right, here goes.

I've brought some donor part already, Pinto 2 litre and Type 9 5 speed Sierra box, 3.62 7" LSD, bolt on drive shafts, disc brake hubs, not managed to get the Sierra uprights yet. The rear discs that came with the calipers are 270mm diameter, vented, that I believe were fitted to the 3 door Cosworth. They have minimal wear so I can see no reason why they can't be used other than the fact they maybe too big. If I use these, what size and type discs would I then use for the front? I will be using 15" wheels so they should fit but I'd just like to confirm that they are suitable. I have today received the Demon Tweeks brochure and Rally Design one, and was thinking of getting some Willwood calipers and discs from one of them for the fronts. My God, what a choice, how do you select what is right?

Next, in the Haynes book, there are constant references to MK Engineering being able to supply parts like Polybush kits, body parts like nose cones, fenders, scuttle etc but Martin Keenan appears to have diversified so I was wondering if he does still supply these items. I've e-mailed him earlier today but have not received a reply yet.

I am fabricating the chassis and all metal parts myself but don't intend to try doing the fibreglass stuff as it's not something I'm familiar with. Before I start cutting metal and welding up I want to have the majority of my build parts to hand as I don't want to backtrack and re-make at a later stage. If I do the right amount of research, I'm sure it will save time in the long run.

The car I'm building is not going to be for road use, just to use on track to get me more track conversant. Basically, the Pinto is to get me started and I can foresee that I will quickly get bored with it and will upgrade.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth.

Ben_Copeland - 22/10/11 at 09:43 PM

Perhaps start a new thread.

I can help you on a lot of those bits, if you want to send me a U2U. Especially "wilwood brake kits"