Board logo

Kit car friendly MOT Derby/Notts area
IanG1 - 20/3/13 at 08:06 PM

Car is due it's first MOT under my ownership, anybody recommend a kit car friendly MOT garage. If you know the area nearer to Long Eaton the better.

Cheers

Ian

chris-g - 20/3/13 at 09:17 PM

I use We Only MOT at Carlton for my tin top. I have not taken a kit car there so can not comment of how kit friendly they are. As they only do MOT's and no repair work you know that any failures are going to be genuine. I have always found then to be good and friendly.

http://weonlymot.co.uk/

sky12042 - 20/3/13 at 09:31 PM

Heard good things about JTD auto's at sandiacre, on the road out towards ilkeston.

Not been there but give them a ring, and explain what you got.

Andy.

JeffHs - 20/3/13 at 10:16 PM

Burnaston garage just west of Derby on A516. Rob the mot man has tested my locost and my previous 2cv special for years. Very sound and a good guy who knows what he's doing

swanny - 20/3/13 at 11:30 PM

Formula one on Lenton lane have done my last three. Very sensible blokes

inkafone - 21/3/13 at 12:36 PM

I've been taking my cars to Lawrence @ Ellistown for the past 25 years - it's a small station and Chris has a Morgan +8 and has built a kit car.

IanG1 - 26/3/13 at 07:03 PM

Booked a test at JTD Autos as not to far from me. Chap sounded OK on the phone and actually knew what a Westfield was LOL will let you know how I get on?

IanG1 - 5/4/13 at 08:06 PM

Bit of an update, had the MOT done at JTD Autos. If you are local I would highly recommend them. Took good care of my car and best of all I got a pass.

Cheers

Ian

sky12042 - 5/4/13 at 08:15 PM

Well done.

Will be taking mine there hopefully soon just need to sort exhaust and wiring problem.

Andy