Board logo

Tendonitus
splitrivet - 24/8/10 at 03:14 PM

Managed to get tendonitus in my left wrist a few weeks back (yep Ive had all the usual comments). Its doing my head in, you think its clearing up and then whammo an unbelievable pain shoots up your arm.
Anyone else had it and how long does it last.
Cheers,
Bob

Ninehigh - 24/8/10 at 03:34 PM

I'd start looking up some excercises you can do to ease it, or you might end up looking at Carpal Tunnel and then you're cream-crackered.

Madinventions - 24/8/10 at 04:22 PM

I had left hand tendonitis 3-4 years ago from playing too much bass guitar. It basically stopped me gigging for around 6 months, and took about a year to get back to full playing strength (it's a 6 string bass and takes quite a lot of left hand strength to play..!)

Seek out a good local physio and they may be able to help you heal faster.

Hope you start feeling better soon...
Ed.

BenB - 24/8/10 at 04:46 PM

Ouch nasty.
I'm saying nothing

Tendinitis sure is nasty. Any idea why it happened?

It can last anytime between a few days to a few months. As said a good physio is a good idea, maybe consider some non-steroidals such as diclofenac gel or ibuprofen tablets (as long as you can take them), if all else fails a shot of cortisone into the offending tendon can work (though it can rupture it completely).

Best option is to find out what's causing it and stop doing it for a while!

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Tenosynovitis.htm

might be of interest....

RazMan - 24/8/10 at 05:24 PM

I have tendonitis in both forearms, caused by rubbing down fibreglass bodywork all day. Dicloflenac Gel works quite well and also Nurofen Gel - both are anti-imflammatory and will help the healing process.

[Edited on 24-8-10 by RazMan]

andkilde - 24/8/10 at 06:18 PM

Quick and dirty pain relief can be had with two basins of water, one hot (as you can stand without scalding) the other with boatloads of ice, 30 seconds alternating in each will usually get you in shape to proceed with your sport of choice.

Also, try wearing a brace as you sleep to keep you from unwittingly holding it in a poor position for hours on end.

t