Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine.....which....
Marcus

posted on 20/7/07 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Where in Doncaster are you, there's a few of us here if / when you need inspiration!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kingacx

posted on 20/7/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
omg....how have i not seen your bright black n chrome car before??

I live in hatfield,but often in town and warmsworth

yours looks very nice btw

MikeRJ

posted on 20/7/07 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kingacx
With the sounds of all this il go for a redtop i think,only think that put me off it before was the fact there all going to be 1324252miles on the engines,an i was sure what box to use,but if you still use a type 9 thats ok as i have one

You can certainly use a type 9, but you will need the correct bellhousing to mate it to the engine. Yukspeed and SBD both sell them.

NS Dev

posted on 20/7/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 90,000 mile redtop on throttle bodies, untouched internally, which makes 204hp and 168lbft of torque and the base engine (yes its the thin end of the cost) was 200 quid.

Throttle bodies, ecu, dizzyless coilpack, air filter, manifold etc etc etc was 600 quid, used a s/h caterham hpc wet sump and the usual ally bellhousing.

Went for this engine as I know they always make the power and I have several already.

Those that have been in the car will testify to the performance, I don't need to bother trying to sell that side of the deal!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Kingacx

posted on 20/7/07 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
right....deffinatly going for a redtop,for the 600quid i was going to throw at a st170,i can throw into a redtop an get a nice juicy lump

But one thing i was thinking,is the wieght of the type9 box is not good im sure you'll agree,does anywhere do lightend housings?

What can i do to the redtop to reduce the weight?

cheers guys,legends!!

chriscook

posted on 21/7/07 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
The redtop-XE bellhousings are alloy anyway - well all the ones I've seen are.

If you want to spend LOTS of money with quaife they'll supply you with an ally alloy type-9 too.

I've got a redtop in my phoenix and it does go rather well. I've recently put throttle bodies on it so i've got some carbs and a megajolt already set up for an XE looking for a new home. (Ebay sale fell through a little while ago)...

Kingacx

posted on 21/7/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
what gives the best power an result out of the two? throttle bodies or the carbs?

Pro's n Cons?

Cheers

Id be interested in the 4age but not sure of the tunning levels you can take it too,im after over 200bhp which ever engine,anyone got any 4age tunning advice? how much light than the redtop are they?

Thanks again

chriscook

posted on 21/7/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
From the amount of fuel I'm having to put in I think my ITBs are producing more power than my carbs were. This is based on the required injector flow rate calculations around the net. Not exactly scientific I know but i've not been to a rolling road yet because I think my injectors are too small.
My carbs and megajolt setup were dyno'd at 180bhp, 156lbft at Northampton Motorsport.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.