Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yeehaaaaaaaa
wrigglypig

posted on 29/8/09 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeehaaaaaaaa

Two days work,= zzr1100 manifold made using manifold plate for the 2L pinto from shortrack motor sport, electric fuel pump fitted, carbs fitted and she runs. Set them up roughly as advised by Dave at boggs and she runs:-) Cant get hold off Boggs at the mo Bank hols etc so thought I'd ask on here if anyone else could help in the interim; Bit of a problem . flat spotting around 2000 to 2500 rpm when repeatedly revving. I need to have it running reasonable to be able to drive it there in the next couple of weeks for the rolling road set up.

Advice given was open mixture screws3 full turns from closed
Disconnct vac advance
set ignition timing to 11 btdc ( done using Gunsons Tachostrobe

Any ideas or thoughts very much appreciated

Kev

lotusmadandy

posted on 29/8/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Try lifting the needles up.either
move the circlip down a groove or
add a thin washer under each needle.

Andy

RichardK

posted on 29/8/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, what jet size are you using, I ended up at 1.55mm on mine, I would have a little more advance, I've got 14 I think at idle, Have you tried blocking up the air correctors, hang I think I got a picture of when David did mine, different carbs but could give you an idea of what to do, he used small bits of that ali welding rod, with a bit of a taper on one end and lightly tapped in and tested, if improves tapped in fully.

Before

After

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 29/8/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a nosey in your archive and the carbs do look significantly different so may not be able to to the air corrector thing but David will be able to give you council on this when you get over there.

The bits of silicone hose joining the manifold and the carbs be careful as I've heard that due to the vacuum created this can cause the pipes to eventually come loose and come off, I personally would get some inlet rubbers off the bay for this purpose, don't wish to teach you to suck eggs or anything but maybe something you hadn't thought of that's all.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wrigglypig

posted on 29/8/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks gents I shall have a tinker with them, I dont think they are far off.
Rich the carbs in the archive are from the abandoned project and are gsxr750s once its sorted I will have a ride over with Paul

Kev

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.