Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Side repeaters
davrus

posted on 2/1/11 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Side repeaters

Hi ya, i am looking for some side repeaters like these below. I am sure i have seen a post before for the same type but cheaper, am i correct?

If so please can some one tell me where to get them from.

Many thanks

Just trying to work out how to add a picture

Cant work out how to add a pic to here is a link

[Edited on 2-1-11 by davrus]

scrappy_7

posted on 2/1/11 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davrus
Hi ya, i am looking for some side repeaters like these below. I am sure i have seen a post before for the same type but cheaper, am i correct?

If so please can some one tell me where to get them from.

Many thanks

Just trying to work out how to add a picture

Hi there if u go onto Ebay shops Kit spares he sells them. Order some last week , where here within 2 days.

rayward

posted on 2/1/11 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
robin hood locost westfield IVA INDICATERS 1 pair LED on eBay (end time 22-Jan-11 22:19:57 GMT)
davrus

posted on 2/1/11 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys.

I seem to recall some one finding them some where cheaper than those on ebay but i may be wrong.

I will watch this space before i bye them just in case.

fluidslvr

posted on 2/1/11 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
slightly cheaper

LED

http://mkmidi.blogspot.com

chicade

posted on 2/1/11 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
can anyone confirm that i will have to have these repeaters on the front wings for iva as i really dont like them....
Thinking about it

posted on 2/1/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rayward
robin hood locost westfield IVA INDICATERS 1 pair LED on eBay (end time 22-Jan-11 22:19:57 GMT)

I offered £6.50 and they accepted.

40inches

posted on 2/1/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chicade
can anyone confirm that i will have to have these repeaters on the front wings for iva as i really dont like them....

You can put them on the rear arches, and if you fit them without the rubber mount they are very neat

Stott

posted on 2/1/11 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
you can fit them wherever you like so long as they comply with the IVA manual. IIRC they need to be visible from 5 degrees out, then 5 degrees down from horizontal and 15 degrees up from horizontal, all viewed from the rear of the car. If they are visible from the front that is ok but some inspectors misenterpret the bopok and say they CANNOT be visible from the front, whereas in fact there is no minimum requirement for frontward visibility, only for rearward. It is due to the omission of a minimum forntward visibility that they wrongly assume they cannot be seen from the front of the vehicle.

Mine are on stalks in the back of the headlamp bowls for now which satisfies the regs. Post test they will be flush mounted in the back of the headlights

HTH
Stott

PS sorry for any bad spelling or confusion, I'm pretty drunk

edit; you can just make out the stalks in my avatar, they are made form 20mm conduit. There is a bush in the headlamp bowl that goes into a running coupler outside it. Tehn a 100mm length of 20mm conduit outside threaded into the coupler and the indicators are push fitted into the end.

The happy coincidence is the indicator rubber grommets need a 20mm hole, so post test I can remove the conduit stalks and fit them straight into the holes that are left over.
edit

[Edited on 2/1/11 by Stott]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.