Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Camerons Veto... What Does It Mean!?
scootz

posted on 9/12/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Camerons Veto... What Does It Mean!?

Good, bad... something in-between?

What say you!?

It's Evolution Baby!

T66

posted on 9/12/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
They can all sling their hooks for me, Im with Cameron on this one. He has done the right thing,( seeing as there was little else he could do)

Yes we are isolated now, but we have been an Island of traders since we snapped off from France & Belgium.

I detest being told what to do by fat men in suits, and ugly women from other countries.

Dump the whole thing ....

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 9/12/11 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
More of you lot on the unemployment scrapheap that I'm already on?
designer

posted on 9/12/11 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
I'm no expert, but when the UK goes into recession again there will be nobody to bail us out.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 9/12/11 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Why are we in the mess we are in, and dont give me the Gordon Brown line because he cant be pinned down (for all his faults and I'm not defending him) for all the mess the Euro zone is in and world wide for that matter ?

Greedy mismanaged banks, what is Camerron going to try protect, the City of London not you or I but the organizations thats caused most of the mess in the 1st place.

The City is into it up to there necks, why ? Because the banks some of which we own thought they would reap the benefits of there situation by borrowing money left right and center to the Euro zone countries in a mess at inflated interest rates rather than help UK businesses whom they would have to charge lower interest rates to.

Someone summed it up nicely for me yesterday, your next door neighbours house is on fire, rather than try to help put it out lets see what we can steal from them whilst its burning. OK once the fires out then try to prevent it happening again but dont go in with a can of petrol.

If the Euro zone fails get ready as what we have seen over the last few years is nothing compared to whats to come, dont misread my comments into believing I support everything the EU stands for I'm just been a realist, we are where we are, we may or may not like where we are but walking away hoping it wil go away wont work, it never does.

Ninehigh

posted on 9/12/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know what's happened but a politician's done it so it's not going to benefit any of us, unless there are some secret millionaires on here?

ali f27

posted on 9/12/11 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
80% of the money transactions of europe go through the city cameron is once again looking after thy city not the people.
The city has been trying to get rid of the euro from the start.
not a political point just fact the city controls the country not politicians and i did not vote for them take control of them and if they dont like it let the bankers leave thier shoes will be filled in an instant in fact i wouldnt wait for them to leave i would throw them out

BenB

posted on 9/12/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
The desperate mantra is "keep the square mile happy".
Anyway, we're screwed. The last government got the Olympics (where the only people who will benefit are the local buisnesses and the banks and we get to pay for it) and it'll bankrupt the country. Look at the wonderful legacy of Athens 2004..... Oh well, at least the government members will be able to enjoy it whilst "entertaining" the foreign dignatories (with tickets bought on tax payers money) whilst the country slides down the swanny.

big-vee-twin

posted on 9/12/11 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately we have no major industry in this country apart from the banks, since the get rich 80's the banking system has propped this country up, which is why we are in the poop now.

Until we get manufacturing back where it should be, without the banks making money for the country aparently over £50 billion in taxes, we have nothing to generate large amounts of cash, so the crap would get even deeper than it is now.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

bobinspain

posted on 9/12/11 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
If you don't mind raising your blood to boiling point, Wiki Bilderberg group.

Read 'The Great Deception, The Secret History of the European Union' by Christopher Booker and Richard North. It tells of the slow motion coup d'etat to subvert National sovereignty and hand power to unelected 'suits' who have only their own welfare in mind. You can read what a traitor Heath was (he really should have been shot for treason).

Now we have a Prime Minister who comes from an enormously privileged background (as do many of his acolytes), who's known nothing of 'real life', having worked solely in PR before entering politics. He's self-serving (as are 95% of them from all parties). You'd be amazed how many are nothing more than 'career politicians,' i.e. University (normally read PPE philosophy, politics and economics) Party 'activism', go on to be an adviser (Cameron) then get selected. Jack Straw worked for two years in Barristers' Chambers after qualifying, then jumped on the political 'gravy train,' (he's 65).

The list of rip-off merchants in politics is endless. Someone once advocated that 'a benevolent dictatorship tempered by occasional assassination' was the way forward. I tend to agree.

43 years ago (I was 20) my old mum who worked the looms in a Lancashire cotton mill in the 50's said, "don't bother voting lad, they're all the bloomin' same." I was horrified. She however, who had grown up in 'the university of life' was 100% correct.

Phil.J

posted on 9/12/11 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain

Read 'The Great Deception, The Secret History of the European Union' by Christopher Booker and Richard North. It tells of the slow motion coup d'etat to subvert National sovereignty and hand power to unelected 'suits' who have only their own welfare in mind. You can read what a traitor Heath was (he really should have been shot for treason).

Now we have a Prime Minister who comes from an enormously privileged background (as do many of his acolytes), who's known nothing of 'real life', having worked solely in PR before entering politics. He's self-serving (as are 95% of them from all parties). You'd be amazed how many are nothing more than 'career politicians,' i.e. University (normally read PPE philosophy, politics and economics) Party 'activism', go on to be an adviser (Cameron) then get selected. Jack Straw worked for two years in Barristers' Chambers after qualifying, then jumped on the political 'gravy train,' (he's 65).

The list of rip-off merchants in politics is endless. Someone once advocated that 'a benevolent dictatorship tempered by occasional assassination' was the way forward. I tend to agree.

43 years ago (I was 20) my old mum who worked the looms in a Lancashire cotton mill in the 50's said, "don't bother voting lad, they're all the bloomin' same." I was horrified. She however, who had grown up in 'the university of life' was 100% correct.

What he said

r1_pete

posted on 9/12/11 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit I can't tell the difference living under a Labour or Tory government, and I'm not going to try and understand what the veto means to us. I'm just glad I don't have a morgage, car loan, credit card bill etc. etc........ and really feel for those who are finding there is much more month than money these days......
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dangle_kt

posted on 9/12/11 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah, scrap the EU.

By the way hows the EU open borders suiting you in sunny spain?

Puzzled

posted on 9/12/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Basically what it means , is , you lot are outside the tent pissing in , and We are inside the tent drowning in Everyone"s
Piss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobinspain

posted on 9/12/11 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
quote:

Yeah, scrap the EU.

Dangle.

Many things here in Spain are done 'differently.' I take no interest in Spanish politics, having had more than my fill of the UK shower.

Re' the border question, there's one point I'd make. The police here are not pussiy cats as in the UK. We have many Moroccans here and whilst some come to earn a crust (fruit picking for up to 50 euros a day, based on productivity), some come here for nefarious purposes. Accordingly, the police (guardia) are an intimidating lot and turn out mobbed handed and 'tooled up' on a regular basis to mount road blocks and carry out random vehicle checks. They look mean as hell in paramilitary rig and carrying semi-automatic rifles, wearing hard-case shades. It's a sphincter-tugger when they peer into the car as you edge past them. I'm glad they're on 'my side.'

The visible presence of the law and the "don't mess with me" reputation that surrounds them is what I used to feel about bobbys in UK when I was 9 yrs old. Things have changed a bit in the last 54 years however. The bobbys still catch apple-scrumpers, whilst the knife carrying youths riot with impunity in the street.

Don't get me started !

gottabedone

posted on 9/12/11 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Bob,

If you ever go into politics - I'll vote for you

Steve

Rod Ends

posted on 9/12/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The French are very angry – one French diplomat says that Britain is acting "like a man who wants to go to a wife-swapping party without taking his own wife".

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/benedictbrogan/100122800/morning-briefing-david-cameron-had-no-choice-but-to-say-non/

Puzzled

posted on 9/12/11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
"I detest being told what to do by fat men in suits, and ugly women from other countries."

I agree , but is"nt it worse being told what to do by these sorts in your OWN country ??? !!!

Volvorsport

posted on 9/12/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
bob , where in lancashire did you grow up ?

anyway , never had a run in with the spanish police , the french on the other hand ,..........

was quite funny running one over on a toll road...

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

T66

posted on 9/12/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
quote:

Yeah, scrap the EU.

Dangle.

Many things here in Spain are done 'differently.' I take no interest in Spanish politics, having had more than my fill of the UK shower.

Re' the border question, there's one point I'd make. The police here are not pussiy cats as in the UK. We have many Moroccans here and whilst some come to earn a crust (fruit picking for up to 50 euros a day, based on productivity), some come here for nefarious purposes. Accordingly, the police (guardia) are an intimidating lot and turn out mobbed handed and 'tooled up' on a regular basis to mount road blocks and carry out random vehicle checks. They look mean as hell in paramilitary rig and carrying semi-automatic rifles, wearing hard-case shades. It's a sphincter-tugger when they peer into the car as you edge past them. I'm glad they're on 'my side.'

The visible presence of the law and the "don't mess with me" reputation that surrounds them is what I used to feel about bobbys in UK when I was 9 yrs old. Things have changed a bit in the last 54 years however. The bobbys still catch apple-scrumpers, whilst the knife carrying youths riot with impunity in the street.

Don't get me started !

Agreed Bob

Spain is managed by a democratically elected government, which if it needs to kick you up he arse, the Police have full authority to do so.

Witnessed the cops on Labour day in Gerona - openly filling in the gobshites, back lane stuff

The British Police are busy imploding up their own arse due to the previous labour governments love of all the dross in society and their rights, and fat blokes in suits who work in Brussels, dont speak English, Never been to the UK and have no idea about what is required.

The dross need filled in, put in their place while the rest of us taxpaying lot try and enjoy our short lives.

I am happy to be Bobs deputy PM - Just dont call me Clogg, sorry Clegg/

coozer

posted on 10/12/11 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm starting to like Mr. Cameroon now... wonder if he fancys a spot of lunch.....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

bobinspain

posted on 10/12/11 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I'm starting to like Mr. Cameroon now... wonder if he fancys a spot of lunch.....

Remember to cut the crusts off the cucumber sandwiches coozer.

PSpirine

posted on 10/12/11 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Bla bla bla. It's the weekend, who cares.

This news story like most will be hyped up for 48 hours and then will dissolve into insignificance. Just like half the other EU treaties.

foskid

posted on 10/12/11 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well whatever happens I think I might vote for this guy next election, he looks like he's equipped for the job
[img] Description
Description
[/img]

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career.
George Bernard Shaw

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.