New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mk indy ?
matty h

posted on 2/1/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
mk indy ?

NTDWM
KIT CAR MK INDY FIREBLADE | eBay
registered as a dutton
Still think its good price when you have correctly registered it.
Matty

femster87

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
I am sure that was up for sale in scunthorpe few months ago with no registration.
Nash

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Whats a Dutton Sierra log book?

My MK is registered as an MK!

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

matty h

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Means it has not had a iva test and has been registered as a dutton sierra using the dutton sierra logbook google dutton sierra and you will see that the dutton sierra is nothing like mk.
Now you mention it been for sale in scunthorpe I do seem to remember it.
Matty

wylliezx9r

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap that's for sure and looks like a nice build too.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

mookaloid

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
ring a ding ding

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

stevec

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
It really pisses me off when people do this. All the hours of hard work we do to pass SVA/IVA.
Is the guy mad to advertise a ringer or just stupid or misinformed as to what is legal.

Steve

jase380

posted on 2/1/12 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
It's not a ringer, a ringer is a stolen car using the id of another vehicle usually written off or scrapped. I remember this advertised earlier this year with no id, got to say the bloke has some balls advertising it with the reg no on display, stating its on a dutton log book... wonder what his local police or dvla would make of it ?
lewis

posted on 2/1/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
That needs reporting someone is going to buy that unaware

I am a driving god!..........sort of

jacko

posted on 2/1/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
At £4,500 its cheap enough to buy and IVA test it i would have thought
looks a nice car to me

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slingshot2000

posted on 2/1/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lewis
That needs reporting someone is going to buy that unaware

Done just that, but why didnt you report it ?

Regards
Jon

lewis

posted on 2/1/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Did not know how,sorry!

[Edited on 2/1/12 by lewis]

ASH3

posted on 2/1/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I recall at Newark one year the police came looking
for kits registered in this way be a shame but is it
in danger of bein crushed, what if it was involved in
an accident what would the insurance say.

daviep

posted on 2/1/12 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
It really pisses me off when people do this. All the hours of hard work we do to pass SVA/IVA.
Is the guy mad to advertise a ringer or just stupid or misinformed as to what is legal.

Steve

I was always taught that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Looking at your pictures you and most of the other "holier than thou brigade" seem to think that post SVA / IVA mods are quite acceptable.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

lewis

posted on 2/1/12 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
quote:

Steve

Looking at your pictures you and most of the other "holier than thou brigade" seem to think that post SVA / IVA mods are quite acceptable.

Davie

Bit different changing a steering wheel & blatant rule breaking!

daviep

posted on 2/1/12 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lewis
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
quote:

Steve

Davie

Bit different changing a steering wheel & blatant rule breaking!

Pretty sure that changing parts which have been tested to those which you know would fail the test IS blatant rule breaking.

For example if you were to change your steering wheel to one of poor design or quality and it subsequently failed while you were driving and you caused an accident then you would be in bother, probably has an effect on your insurance validity as well.

I'd be gratefull if you coud point me to the relevant documents which describe which non compliant modifications are / aren't allowed after the test.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

INDY BIRD

posted on 2/1/12 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Adverts been revised now anyway,

Cheap if just for parts or track car,

mookaloid

posted on 3/1/12 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jase380
It's not a ringer, a ringer is a stolen car using the id of another vehicle usually written off or scrapped. I remember this advertised earlier this year with no id, got to say the bloke has some balls advertising it with the reg no on display, stating its on a dutton log book... wonder what his local police or dvla would make of it ?

A ringer is a car with the identity of a different car - it doesn't have to be stolen.

wylliezx9r

posted on 3/1/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, by the letter of the law doing this is illegal. But is it any worse than a complete numpty stripping an old banger to bits and rebuilding it ? I cant really see the difference ? I think the most dangerous thing about building your own car is the quality and safety of the welding and this isn't even checked at IVA

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

jase380

posted on 3/1/12 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

A ringer is a car with the identity of a different car - it doesn't have to be stolen.

'car ringing', is the replacing of the identification numbers on a stolen car with those from a genuine (usually scrapped) vehicle.

This from my brother who has spent 10 years in west yorkshire police stolen vehicle squad, mainly recovering " ringers " from people who thought they had bought a genuine car / motorhome / van

You can't ring a car that has no id in the first place.

Peteff

posted on 3/1/12 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9rI think the most dangerous thing about building your own car is the quality and safety of the welding and this isn't even checked at IVA

Yes it is checked visually, there are people on here who have had to redo parts which failed due to not looking up to the job.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

loggyboy

posted on 3/1/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
'car ringing', is the replacing of the identification numbers on a stolen car with those from a genuine (usually scrapped) vehicle.

This from my brother who has spent 10 years in west yorkshire police stolen vehicle squad, mainly recovering " ringers " from people who thought they had bought a genuine car / motorhome / van

Ringing is just a slang term for vehicle documentation fraud, and placing one cars registration on another (weather or not both or just one is registered is irelevant) - it would most definately fit under the term 'fraud'

mookaloid

posted on 3/1/12 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you saying that your brother would think that taking a reg doc from a scrap car and putting that identity onto a different car is ok then?

The term 'ringer' doesn't have a legal definition as far as I know but it seems to suit the situation here.

jase380

posted on 3/1/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you saying that your brother would think that taking a reg doc from a scrap car and putting that identity onto a different car is ok then?

The term 'ringer' doesn't have a legal definition as far as I know but it seems to suit the situation here.

No, thats why people get there cars taken off them and lose the money they paid for what they thought was a genuine car. In the case of a motor home he recovered a bloke had paid 18k for a sunseeker ( i think ) on a ducato chassis, on the v5 it was a panel van. When the police siezed it they could prove where the genuine chassis no had been cut out and the van id welded in place. The bloke lost his motor home and his money.When they traced the van back to its previous owner he told them he sold it through auto trader for 1500 quid after smashing it up and only having 3rd party insurance, he didn't think it was worth the expense of repairing. Along comes a crook, nicks a ducato motorhome, buys the smashed up unrecorded van, sticks the id on the motorhome, strips the van selling bits off and weighs the rest in, flogs the motor home, job done 18k return for a 1800 quid investment.

The mk in what it is, a non iva'd kit with an id from a 300 quid ebay dutton on it.

SCAR

posted on 3/1/12 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
To mot it he must have removed the vin plate off the Dutton and fixed it to the MK for the test
MOT station tester must have been too daft to notice.............. or perhaps it was the Dutton that was mot'ed
This is ringing in any reasonable interpretation of the term.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.