Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Banger (or non-banger) rallies - experiences?
PSpirine

posted on 23/2/12 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Banger (or non-banger) rallies - experiences?

I've decided that I want to go on a rally this year to Europe.

Typical thing, buy a car for £xxx and spend 5 days driving it across europe with like-minded nutters.

Now there are a few out there, so before I pick one, I was just looking for some feedback from anyone that's been on one?

Will be travelling with the girlfriend, and will be looking to drive back slowly (over 7-10 days) rather than fly home at the end. With that in mind, if there are any rallies which aren't for bangers, I'd consider that as well in my Audi TT (but cannot afford the Canonball Europe run at this point!). With that in mind I'd want something that goes to interesting places via interesting routes rather than just balls-out driving across toll motorways, that way SWMBO may even enjoy it!

Was looking at some by motoscape, streetsafari or wackyrally which seem to be well-known..

Thanks,
Pavel

Coopz

posted on 23/2/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I am doing a similar thing this year In May, Dumball...Here is a link:

http://www.dumball.org/

Unfortunately I think you will have missed the registration for this years rally although if you contact them you never know!

It Involves buying a vehicle for £400 quid between your team doing a wacky theme of your choice (I think were going to recreate Dumb and Dumbers dog van) and driving across Europe. I believe There will be around 50 cars all hoping to raise £2000 quid each before they go for Teenage Cance trust so for a good cause.

twybrow

posted on 23/2/12 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
We did Czeck Wrecks (Calais to Prague, via Italy and Switzerland) a few years back, in a LWB Volvo 960 - complete with dodgy brakes and a thirsty straight 6! It was great fun, and a real challenge (try bypassing a seized air con pump with a belt sewed at the side of the road using the webbing from your sleeping bag!).

Dont underestimate the cost - with the car, servicing, fuel, food etc, it cost us close to £2500 for 4 days!

stevec

posted on 23/2/12 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Did the Wacky Rally a couple of years ago to Barcelona, Great fun and well organised.
Cracking scenery and good overnight stops and beer.

Steve.

austin man

posted on 23/2/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Drive to Spa and do a track session then drop dow to Germany and do the ring then drive home thats our 2014 plan did the 1200 mile round trip to the Ring last July

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

stevebubs

posted on 23/2/12 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk/
mad4x4

posted on 23/2/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.randomrallies.co.uk/

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

stevebubs

posted on 23/2/12 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=153567

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.