New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yamaha YBR125
ChrisW

posted on 7/8/15 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yamaha YBR125

Yamaha YBR125 'naked' for sale.

ybr125
ybr125

2007/07, silver, 21000-ish miles, tested until June next year. It is a fuel injection model so it starts up instantly on the button and is very low maintenance.

It was a non-runner when I bought it in late-May this year. I replaced the fuel pump which got it going - apparently 'the only thing that goes wrong with these bikes'. I have done just over 1000 miles on it this summer learning to ride and it has not missed a beat other than needing a new battery (fitted this evening!). It will sit comfortably at 50 even with my fat arse on it (19 stone, 6'4" and can get to 60 if you really try. Mileage will go up as it is still in use whilst the weather holds out.

Had new exhaust and two new tyres just before I bought it. The exhaust is blowing a little at the head but one stud is snapped off and the other the head is stripped so I have just left it alone. Up to you if you decide to fix it or just ignore it like I have done!

It was stolen and recovered in December 2013 which resulted in a cat C due to ignition damage. No VIC check needed for a bike and I have the log book in hand (in my name) so no problem there.

10 previous owners. Sounds like a lot, but not uncommon for a 125. Looking at the MOT history it looks like the first owner (or was it the first two?) did most of the miles then I guess it has been a string of learners after that.

Got plenty of marks and scratches, seat cover is slightly frayed where it rubs on the tank at the front. Few rust spots especially on the chrome.

I'm making it sound bad by being absolutely honest, but in fact it has been the perfect learner bike for me. Easy to ride, absolutely reliable, cheap and already has a few war wounds such that you are not going to be precious about it but still tidy enough that you won't be embarrassed turning up at the local bike night.

Only selling because I have my test in a couple of weeks and have ordered it's bigger sister. For this reason I ideally want to keep it until 20th August, or maybe a little longer if I don't pass, but if you turn up with cash and want to take it away there and then I would probably let it go.

£775 to a LocostBuilder. Will be starting it at £850 on eBay if it hasn't sold by the time I pass.

Could possibly deliver a short distance if you can give me a lift home. Alternatively my local hire place has a bike trailer so could go a longer distance if you pay for the diesel and the hire.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 14/8/15 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Bump! Last chance before eBay

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.