Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay / Argos click & collect - any good?
r1_pete

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
eBay / Argos click & collect - any good?

Has anyone any experience of the above, was considering giving it a go to save on postage...
cheers.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
I was under the impression you still pay, just suits those who arent at home to sign/take large deliveries.

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Not tried it myself, but work don't mind me having stuff delivered here so no need to really.

Pojo

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Used it many times, i find it especially good as i drive withing 1/2 mile of my local Argos on way to office, as loggyboy says, useful if no one at home to sign for a parcel or you dont want the other half knowing about the delivery. I do off course mean pressie for her as opposed to suggesting that we would ever deceive them as to how much we really spend on our hobby.
ReMan

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Works just fine in my experience
Convenient for larger items wnen you dont know where the default failed delivery depot is

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Brian R

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Used it several times. Worked fine.

You get notification with the reference on it that you show to the Argos staff. I do it off my phone to save printing it out.

There is an eBay till in our Argos so no queuing and waiting for your collection slot.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 7/1/16 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Think its dependent on YOUR argos how good the service is. Someone was moaning a while ago saying it was a useless service and items got sent back with no notifications of delivery etc

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

coozer

posted on 7/1/16 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I use it, in fact I search for things being click and collect on eBay. I work nights and it works perfectly for me, instead of being woken up or missing the delivery I just call in to the Argos on me way to work.

I bought everything for Xmas on click an collect, eBay, Argos own service Tesco Asda even Curry's. All worked very good.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

RoyM

posted on 7/1/16 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Argos will probably work fine but beware of click and collect at a local shop. I went for a parcel three times - they said they didn't have it seller said they did so I'd paid but got no goods. Eventually shop found it so worked out in the end but cost me a fortune going backwards an forwards!!?
MikeRJ

posted on 7/1/16 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I use it all the time as there is an Argos almost on my way home from work. Far more convenient than having to pick up something from a couriers depot, or getting the neighbours annoyed if they are asked to take in a load of stuff if I've done a big order.

The only downer is if your nearest Argos is one of the busy one so you have to queue up for ages to get served.

[Edited on 7/1/16 by MikeRJ]

bi22le

posted on 7/1/16 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I love it and think its the best thing since the dawn of online shopping.

My local Argos is in a hombase on the way home. Very quick service.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

britishtrident

posted on 7/1/16 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
It works fine but often the items arrive at Argos by post.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

SteveWalker

posted on 7/1/16 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
I've used it a few times. We tend to go to Ireland at Christmas and I've picked up a couple of click and collect presents at Argos in Enniskillen as we often pop over the border to shop.

Isn't the internet great? We live in Manchester, but in December 2014, we were sat in a hotel in Sligo (having gone for a one night stay to visit a sick relative), using the hotel Wi-Fi to book our Christmas turkey and other shopping for collection from Tesco in Enniskillen for a few days before Christmas. So much easier than when I was a child, rushing round the Manchester shops with my parents right up to Christmas eve!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.