Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt maps
tom_loughlin

posted on 22/6/06 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
megasquirt maps

Hi Guys
Got a few questions about megasquirt and spark...
Just spoken to a tuning chap, and he was asking if I had a cam position sensor and knock sensor wired up to my megasquirt? I know it supports knock sensing, but has no wire coming from the ECU itself.
My question is do I need these functions, as he seemed to think they were important for the running of the engine.
I'm finding learning megasquirt pretty hard going, but i think im getting there slowly. The engine is having heating trouble, And im hoping this is down to the fuelling and mapping of the engine.
Im running a 2.0 zetec with gsxr600 TB's, and am looking for a map that someone has already for theirs, to see if it helps me understand a few things.
If someone could email me their MS file, I'd be very grateful.

Another thing, I havent wired up the TPS yet, its a standard 3-pin one on the GSXr600 TB's and not sure which pin goes to which wire on the MS.

Can't wait to get this thing up and running properly!

Many thanks guys

Tom

Krismc

posted on 22/6/06 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Zetec base map with my kit, ill see if i can find it, email me on kmcgough99@tiscali.co.uk and ill return one too ya

cheers kris

Also have your injectors/or mega squirt been modified to suit??

[Edited on 22/6/06 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

ZetecVan

posted on 22/6/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
I've a 1.8 Zetec with Jenvey TBs. The cam sensor isn't wired up, and I don't have a knock sensor and it runs fine. Send me a PM if you need a map or help. There are a couple of 1.8 and two litre maps doing the rounds, but I didn't get the engine running better than it already was.

Things you need to do before turning the key. These are in the general settings page:

Injectors: Make sure you know the flow rate, and whether they're high or low imedence. I blew the flyback circuit on my squirt because it was set for high impedence and they were low impedence injectors. Read the 'Setting The Constants' page for more info: http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm#constants

Set the required fuel based on your injectors. Look at this table if you need help: http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

Are you running just the TPS or have you got a MAP sensor? If it's TPS you need to change the control algorithm to Alpha N, and change the configurator setting to the same (I can point you in the right direction if you need it, I don't have the correct laptop with me). I have been advised to change to speed density, which I'll be doing soon.

Configure your TPS using the relevent menu option.

Megatune can generate a map based on your engine output but the results aren't fantastic, but it should get you running.

Let us know how you get on.

Mike

[Edited on 22/6/06 by ZetecVan]

[Edited on 22/6/06 by ZetecVan]

Krismc

posted on 22/6/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
yea my GXSR 750 ones are 13.4ohms, apparently my megasquirt is pre set for that!!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

martyn_16v

posted on 22/6/06 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
On my gsxr1000 bodies black is earth, blue is +5v and yellow is TPS signal

Knock sensors aren't required, they're just handy if something goes wrong. If you're a bit conservative when you map your spark tables then it'll be fine, this is what manufacturers did for 80-odd years before knock sensors came along. Very few MS installs use a knock sensor (mine included) and i've yet to hear of a dead engine because of it.

As for cam position, you don't need this unless you intend to run coil on plug ignition. On a zetec the most starightforward is to stay with the wasted spark coil pack, which just requires a signal from the toothed crank position sensor wheel.

martyn_16v

posted on 22/6/06 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, and the engine running hot could be because it's slighly lean, or the ignition is retarded. I'd get the TPS wired up asap, you'll really struggle to get any kind of tune done for low/mid throttle using MAP as the load input on bike tb's, trust me, i've just tried
ludsonline

posted on 6/8/06 at 04:25 AM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt Map

I have a 2 ltr Zetec with GSXR 750 throttle bodies. I have bought a Megasquirt 1 V3 with MSnS and was wondering if anybody has a map they can send me

Cheers

Paul

darrens

posted on 9/8/06 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
while were on the subject of maps, anyone got a RV8 VE Table.
ZetecVan

posted on 11/8/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Guys,

As there's been a few requests for maps, I've added a page of Zetec megasquirt maps on my website. You'll find it over at http://www.classicfords.net

Cheers

Mike

mtechmatt

posted on 9/5/12 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just to let you all know, we did run MegasquirtMaps a few years ago, anyway the domain has elapsed, though I have created

www.mtechmaps.com

I'll keep adding maps over the next few days as we obviously have hundreds on file. Any special requests post in the requests forum under your ECU type and I will see what I can find in the archives, or make you a 'best guess' starting map. Cheers
Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.