Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Master Cylinder
coozer

posted on 25/9/06 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Brake Master Cylinder

Anyone used a standard Sierra master cylinder instead of the twin cylinder/balance bar set up??

On an MNR Vortx, not other cars!!

[Edited on 25/9/06 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

StevieB

posted on 25/9/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I will be using that set up, when I get it cleaned off and new pistons/seals in it Rescued attachment Master Cylinder - pre refurb.JPG
Rescued attachment Master Cylinder - pre refurb.JPG

cryoman1965

posted on 25/9/06 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, most if not all MKs use the sierra master cylinder without servo. Works fine.

That is grubby stevieb. If you werent sat online it would be clean by now.

Cheers Nige

[Edited on 25/9/06 by cryoman1965]

StevieB

posted on 25/9/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
It'll be getting soaked in degreaser for a couple of days then I'm trying a bit of electrolosis at the weekend to clean it up - should do the trick!
coozer

posted on 25/9/06 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I want to know about fitting one to an NMR Vortx, thats why its on here and not the MK one!

Anyone fited a standard Sierra brake master cylinder to an NMR Vortx!!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

chockymonster

posted on 25/9/06 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought not.
The pedal box kit from mnr comes with the 2 master cylinders, pedals, linkage and bias bar assembly.

Why would you want to use the sierra one?

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rjbrookes

posted on 25/9/06 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
I have heard that its not the better way to do it, but cant remember the reason why......
marc n

posted on 26/9/06 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
if you ever upgrade to four pots or alike you will find the feel of the pedal truely shocking, as standard its not great with the seirra rears and front on track use maybe passable on the road ????

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 26/9/06 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
p.s have a look on the westfeild site, one of the most common problems is upgrading calipers when keeping the sierra master cylinder

[Edited on 26/9/06 by marc n]

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
coozer

posted on 26/9/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, thanks, its just I'm struggling to justify the cost of twin cylinders, bar etc while I've got a Sierra one on the bench thats in good condition. If it stops the lardy donor then should be OK for a light seven?? Plus surely a master cylinder from a Cosworth Sierra is well up to it!

Also no intention to go to four pot calipers and I will be using the rear drums from my donor.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Agriv8

posted on 26/9/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
sure its up to stoping the seven, but the sierra item is surly biassed ( how much pressure / fluid ) it send the the front / rear curcuits.

a seven braking system is likley to work best if this bias can be directed to the front / rear to the drivers satisfaction conditions, tyres, weight ect.

just my opinion ( probably wrong )

regards

agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.