Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anybody got a Corsa Haynes manual to hand.....
oliwb

posted on 3/2/07 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody got a Corsa Haynes manual to hand.....

Need to know the torque setting for the rear hub nuts. Am replacing the rear brake shoes which require the removal of the drums and bearings.....not sure how much to tighten them up to. Cheers in advance......Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Clive

posted on 3/2/07 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I did mine a few weeks ago. I dont have the manual to hand for the exact figures but you torque the nut up while spinning the hub to seat the bearings (50nm rings a bell but I cant garuntee it)

You then undo the nut slowly untill you can move the metal plate it seats on, with a screw driver (dont force it). If the plate can move too easily or can wobble around, the nut is too loose. if the plate is hard to move then its still too tight. when its ok, put the split pin through and lock it off.

dave-69isit

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
rear hub

acording to autodater 175nm
Mr Clive

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
the fronts may need something like that but the rears are taper roller bearings. They shouldnt be torqued up at all (other than during installation to seat the bearings before being backed off again)
oliwb

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
More basic question - how the hell do the brakes/adjuster fit on?? Seems like the reatining clips are miles too loose (compared to any drums I've used before!) Anybody willing to scan the relevant pages of the haynes manual in and post it up or e-mail to me??? Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Clive

posted on 3/2/07 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
I found the corsa drums to be the worst brakes I have ever worked on. When reassembling it, its an absolute pain to keep together untill every last clip is back on.

u2u sent btw.

[Edited on 3/2/07 by Mr Clive]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.