Author: Subject: Race Results....?
TimC

posted on 26/3/07 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Race Results....?

Spill the beans then.

Agriv8

posted on 26/3/07 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Nope,

Thats the drivers press dept to deal with.

All Ill say is that it was better than The last race

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

TimC

posted on 26/3/07 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
I thought you were the one man press dept, mechanic, Tea Lady etc?

vinny1275

posted on 26/3/07 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
And that pinney looked really fetching on you when we came up to visit....
Agriv8

posted on 26/3/07 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
I thought you were the one man press dept, mechanic, Tea Lady etc?

Nah me - I am just the MNR bottle washer !!

Regards

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chockymonster

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Well in the absence of the press lady can the bottle washer fill us in

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
vinny1275

posted on 26/3/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
The suspense is killing me!!

TimC

posted on 26/3/07 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - come on Iain/Marc. There were 3 (at a guess) MNRs running between RGB and Kits. How did they get on????

The fact that I couldn't go as planned due to work is being made worse by not knowing how they got on.

jimgiblett

posted on 26/3/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
5th in Class C is what I have heard but needs confirmation.

- Jim

Agriv8

posted on 26/3/07 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jim / everyone.

That's 1 up on what I thought - but as the results were a long time coming last night I suspect there were a few investigations going on.

There Seemed to be some overtaking going on under yellows ( from where I was stood - Pitwall ) but my eyesight isnt the best.

Though looking at the positives the car was good through the corners but strait line speed was suffering so need to get the finger pulled out of the enginebuilders ****. Donnigton is a 'Speed curcuit ' so we knew it was going to hurt us being a few 'Ponies ' down

but no water problems.

Only real dramas was a vibrating prop that was soon sorted - the 1 peice tunel cover - Godsend

Roll on the next race and hope the improvments made manifest themselves as imporved results ( though unsure if I am allowed to bottle wash/ tea maid at the next one )

Regards

Agriv8

marc n

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
hi all

yep much better weekend this time, just about finished the car now should be fully finished and tweeked for lyden, inc a new engine
qualifying was a bit of a balls up on my part unfortunately ran the car too heavy 22kgs after adding new under trays under the whole of the car, inproved rad ducting, and air intake ducting plus a few other bits and bobs, and the fact i put too much fuel in what with the pitstop to check water levels after mallory troubles and the fact i never got a clear lap again bit annoying as there are a few who are on cooling down laps insist on staying on the racing line
race came after a full spanner check
reasonable start stayed out of trouble and fought for my life, unfortunately we just havent got the power, despite taking five to six car lengths into the corner and the same out on others i was still being passed down the straight, so ended up fith or six ???? in class 9 ish overall
but absolutley loved every minute of it had a great battle with tim hoverd most of the race was never really in contention for anything higher than 5th / 6th to be honest so was pretty pleased to get a finish and the car coming back in one piece
the chassis it self is mustard and when we have the same power as the others i am sure we can be battling in the top three

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt.c

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
well done marc

Nice to see its all coming together, and by the time you get to snetterton you will be on the top step

G.Man

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
congratz mate

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Agriv8

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
See an MNR press release.

Regards

Agriv8

ChrisGamlin

posted on 26/3/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
750MC results page

carlgeldard

posted on 26/3/07 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Marc it looked to me as if you lacked grip through the esses and I did see you overtake somebody under yellows when that Fury spun.

Carl

What happened on lap 5

[Edited on 26/3/07 by carlgeldard]

marc n

posted on 27/3/07 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Sorry Marc it looked to me as if you lacked grip through the esses and I did see you overtake somebody under yellows when that Fury spun.

the reason for that was i was coming in far too deep and fast enabling me to stay ahead at the end of the long straight and then trying to carry as much momentum as poss for the start finish straight as i just didnt have the power,
all good fun though not sure about the yellow flag overtake i know i got overtaken by three under yellows near the begining, but being honest it gets rather hectic out there
lap five and six was when the engine started to get a little warm so had to switch the fan on to bring it down from 98 degrees to 85 degrees as the oil pressure had dropped a little due to the heat
still enjoyed it massively though, cant wait for the new engine and airbox to come then i wont have to overdrive the car

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Agriv8

posted on 27/3/07 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Looking at the results.

Started 16th on the grid 8th in class

and

Finished 9th overall and 5th in class

Not bad really may have been even better if you hadnt stopped for a breather on lap 5 .

Regards

Agriv8

smart51

posted on 27/3/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGamlin
750MC results page

If you look at the names, Colin Chapman was racing and he wasn't in a seven!

marc n

posted on 27/3/07 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

If you look at the names, Colin Chapman was racing and he wasn't in a seven!

progers

posted on 27/3/07 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Race Report

Here is an excellent race report done by Phil Alcock. Click on Race report below.

Race report

You can read about my sad demise ...

- Paul

jimgiblett

posted on 27/3/07 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers

You can read about my sad demise ...

- Paul

Sorry to hear of the Tbone you received at Donnington. Hope you manage to get it all back together for Lydden. Hope to see you there.

- Jim

[Edited on 27/3/07 by jimgiblett]

G.Man

posted on 27/3/07 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
What is it with some race results and commentary where they cannot get the names right..

Vortex?

Norton?

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/3/07 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair I think Phil Alcock who writes the RGB website race report is just taking the names etc directly from the 750MC listings.

There's no excuse for the 750 club to get it wrong though, especially names assuming they must have records of people's race licenses etc!

progers

posted on 27/3/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jim,

Hoping to get fixed in time for Lydden, should know later this week if any serious damage but initial assessment is mainly body work damage and a bent dash. Should be salvageable although it may not look pretty!

Cheers

paul

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.