Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap zx10 engine
nludkin

posted on 6/5/07 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Cheap zx10 engine

I could be wrong, but I saw this on ebay and it does look a little on the cheap side?

Ebay Link

bigrich

posted on 6/5/07 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
if that is a full install kit then its a bargain, just seems too much of a bargain
Humbug

posted on 6/5/07 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Doesn't include everything: "This engine comes with an uncoded ECU that will allow it to run. This engine does not come with radiator and exhaust downpipes. I also have a coded ECU with keys that I can sell (with the engine or seperately). This would mean that the engine then had a built in immobiliser."

Seems a bit sus that he's got a picture of the whole bike, but can't say what the mileage was???

UncleFista

posted on 6/5/07 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Seems a bit sus that he's got a picture of the whole bike, but can't say what the mileage was???

Is the Odometer digital ? The bike seems to have had a heavy front end bump, might have broken the odo ?...

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/5/07 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
His turn over is 15k this last month so he is doing business. His strategy is to move parts rather than sit on them for ages. He is a powerseller with only a few negs so he does check out.

Humbug

posted on 6/5/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
quote:

Is the Odometer digital ? The bike seems to have had a heavy front end bump, might have broken the odo ?...

Fair enough then, maybe

bpgoa

posted on 19/5/07 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I bought this engine

and picked it up on saturday.

the seller operates out of a small industrial unit in Kiddiminster. the bikes are sourced from the benelux countries and have been put down the road. I was shown the reciept for the bike .... and felt sick.. belive me .. he's making enough....

bike had indeed had a full front on smash.. the fork tubes had sheared clean in half.. but the clocks had survived... sadly they had been sold..

engine was good and clean, however I haven't been able to start it yet. for the price I paid, I saved enough to pay for a fair amount of work,.. I was also given a months guarantee ... lets hope I don't need it...

ok.... does anyone have a plan for a cradle to fit this??????

On and On the River flows... We the Undertow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.