Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy vs. Stuart
Jici

posted on 5/6/07 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy vs. Stuart

Dear all,

Sorry for that basic question but just entering in the BEC world I would really appreciate if someone could briefly explain the difference between an MK Indy and a Stuart Locoblade for example

- value for money
- resell price
- performance

thanks a lot for your help

alanr

posted on 5/6/07 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget MNR - they are better than both MK and Stuart in my opinion

A

JAG

posted on 5/6/07 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
If you want smallest and lightest then Stuart Taylor wins. My car is 565kgs with a car engine and some nice comfy seats etc... BEC versions easily get below 500kgs.

The MK Indy and the MNR are both physically bigger cars.

My friends MNR R1 BEC weighs the same as my Stuart Taylor with car engine!

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

donut

posted on 5/6/07 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
The Stuart Taylor looks right in my opinion. The MK as good as it is looks too tall.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 5/6/07 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
To be pedantic the Stewart Taylor Locoblade is now the Aires Locoblade, as it's been bought by one of the ex-employees.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/renbo1/Aries/home%20button.htm

The car looks better (opinion) and handles extremely well. Having a lower bonnet line restricts the engines you can fit easily though.

The MK has a larger community so there is more help available. But as said it's a bigger car, and looks far less like the original 7.

Almost all of the 7 replica manufacturers make good products these days, so it's mostly down to the looks and options you want. Finding one you trust that's geographically close is as good a way as any of picking one if you aren't after anything specific.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Hellfire

posted on 5/6/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Try and get to one of the shows. Newark being the next one on 16/17th June. Have a look at some of the manufacturers vehicles on display, take a walk around the owners club areas outside and speak to some of the owners. Then decide which is best for you.

However, if you've already done that and got a shortlist of the MK and the Stuart Taylor, pay each of them a visit and see what they've got to offer you.

You've chosen the right engine, just gotta choose the right chassis to put it in now.

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.