Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megatune error message
KenF27

posted on 18/12/07 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Megatune error message

Hello all one of my 1st posts. I have a megasquirt unit built by a friend which works and the car drives quite well with a bit of a flat spot on heavy acceleration. Its fitted to a zetec with GSXR600 throttle bodies. My friend set it up but I had issues with the lambda so couldn't datalog it when he was there. Lamda issue now sorted so I took it out for a bit of datalogging. Datalog records and can view the log fine, however I can't get the datalog to load onto the MSQ. It comes up with the following message "only megatune 2.25 and newer XML based MSQ files are supported. I currently have version 2.25 B514 installed. Any idea's, should I be saving the datalogs with any prefixes. Also does anyone know what compatable british / european Vauxhall cars to use for the Air / Water temp sensors as the air temp sensor that came with the Zetec is a big old valve type sensor. Cheers Ken
piddy

posted on 18/12/07 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
How did you perform your datalog without the Air & water temp sensors ?
KenF27

posted on 18/12/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Piddy I am currently using ford ones but they still require setting up properly with easytherm but I would prefer to use the correct ones.They still read and the datalog records the CT. However the engine temp reads 110 on the datalog but it's running at 90.
daxtojeiro

posted on 19/12/07 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there,
for starters you cant do any tuning without setting the air temp sensor and the coolant sensors up correctly, this is because MS uses the Air sesnor to work out the air density, so any tuning you do wil be totally useless once you set it up correctly or if the air temp changes from when you tune it!! So start by getting the air sensors sorted see here:
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/oem_temp.htm

The datalogs cant be opened by MegaTune, you need MSLVV to open them and to read them, then youll need to tweeek them and save a new msq, download the top zip file here, it is in the Software dir:
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/downloads.htm
Phil

KenF27

posted on 19/12/07 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dax I understand the issues with the sensors that's why i want a correct air temp sensor. I can measure the Ford coolant Temp Sensor and run it through mega therm.I also have Megalog viewer installed. I can open previously saved megatune datalogs, run them and read them but can't open MSQ. Am I doing something wrong or is the previous error message telling me something I should be doing. Re the compatable sensor I seem to recal seeing some info relating to which Uk cars you could use Bosch ignition controllers on and I wondered if that document also informed you as to which compatable sensors could be used. I gave my local motor factors the part numbers from GM stuff but as they are from the USA they couldn't find alternatives. Thanks Ken
daxtojeiro

posted on 20/12/07 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there,
I can only guess your using an old version of MT, try downloading a new version from my site
Phil

KenF27

posted on 20/12/07 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Phil I will give that a try.
ZetecVan

posted on 28/12/07 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
You may be getting a bit confused. You cannot load a log into Megatune. You need to load it into MegaLog Viewer (get the latest version). Load the MSQ you used to create the log. Then click a couple of buttons and it will generate a new MSQ. Save it then you can load that into Megatune.

Hope that helps!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.