Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt questions
KenF27

posted on 7/5/08 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
megasquirt questions

I now have the car running ok and a 500 mile round trip to Stonleigh last weekend.
There are just a couple of things niggling me which I would like sorted prior to driving to Le Mans next month.

1. Should the TPS and RPM values in the spark table match the ones in the VE table as I have played around with them so there are a few around idle and a few around cruising and the last 4 or so higher up the range. Although I have not touched the origonal spark table supplied.
I do not get any pinking either.
2. What revs would you class as cruising for a 16.5 to 17 / 1 AFR.
It drives well at 70 in the mid 16s but seemed to run a high temp, around 100c, if my gauge is correct. Is this to lean for 70 MPH around 3500 revs.
I have found a ve afr table but I think it's for a V8 not a zetec.
3 I have my RPM bins set at 500 intervals upto about 4500 then in 1000s. Is this right or should I be looking at the torque curves for a 1.8 Zetec, if I could find any.
Cheers Ken

paulf

posted on 7/5/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Zetecs like to run hot , mine runs at about 90 to 100 degrees and i was worried it may overheat but it seems to go up to 100 and then drop to about 90again.
The fuel and spark tables dont have to match but it may be worth experimenting for best performance and economy.
Paul.

KenF27

posted on 7/5/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul
KenF27

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Thought so, I have richened it up and temp is around the 90 mark now.
What rev bands are others using to compare with mine.

Jenko

posted on 8/5/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Agree...I would say too lean - If it were me I would go for around 14.5 - 15 on cruise.....

As for the tables.......I would say no - the ignition advance should see full advance at around 3500 - 4000rpm....So, your rpm sites need not go above this on your spark table (MS will hold on to the last value)....Doing it this way, you can have much better resolution in your spark table where it's needed........

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.