Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aluminium guttering?
Benzine

posted on 19/7/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Aluminium guttering?

I read in an issue of practical performance car that aluminium guttering is a cheaper alternative to use for intercooler pipework that similar pipes from, say, a car parts supplier. I have no idea where to get any though, anyone know?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 19/7/08 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried your local church?

[Edited on 19/7/08 by joneh]

Benzine

posted on 19/7/08 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Can't get to it at the moment, it's still being repaired after the spire cracked during that earthquake earlier this year
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 19/7/08 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
While I'm at it, I need some m/steel pipe 3" OD (short section, say, 4" long) to fabricate something from, any ideas where to get some? I only see 1 meter + lengths

[Edited on 19/7/08 by Benzine]

KenF27

posted on 19/7/08 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Marley do aluminium rainwater goods named Alutec. Available via the Plumbcentre. Think it's around 3" diameter. You can have it in a range of powder coat as well. Also metal stockholders for lengths of ally pipe. Don't know the costs though.
Bigheppy

posted on 19/7/08 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know a gas engineer or plumber they often have flue pipe offcuts made from aluminium, 2" and 4" or there abouts
I used to save it when I installed boilers, I wish I had saved some oil flue pipe offcuts polished Stainless steel 4 and 6" would make ideal silencer bodys

Flamez

posted on 19/7/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
i've been reliably in formed that B&Q supply ali pipe, ie tv aerial poles etc, that also do the job

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.