Board logo

Stoneleigh 09
COREdevelopments - 15/4/09 at 07:50 PM

Hi all. I have finally had the car otr since july last year, and am hoping to go to stoneleigh in may. however i am not part of any club, just this forum here. so if i do turn up where would i park my pride and joy? and also is it free entry?

ATB

Rob

omega0684 - 15/4/09 at 07:58 PM

get in touch with the luego owners club and join up, fees are usually peanuts, i DAX membership is £5 a year or something,

its free entry for drivers of kit cars, passengers have to pay full whack im affraid,

if you dont join a club just park it on a spare bit of grass!

rusty nuts - 15/4/09 at 08:04 PM

If your camping keep an eye out for the details of where the Luego guys and girls are camping , as for parking use the Luego stand . Entrance is free for kit car drivers but passengers have to pay, camping is about a fiver .

dave1888 - 15/4/09 at 08:06 PM

Itsn't there a locostbuilders pitch.

omega0684 - 15/4/09 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dave1888
Itsn't there a locostbuilders pitch.

nope

COREdevelopments - 15/4/09 at 08:49 PM

ok sounds simple enough. no chance of hiding passengers in the boot this time then! anyone going from south wales?

Rob

richard thomas - 15/4/09 at 09:09 PM

Rob,

see thread below:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=88766

I think that as you own a Luego, you become a member of the Luego owners club by default - no fees. There will be a stand at Stoneleigh. Friendly crowd, take beer with you....

Rich.

[Edited on 15/4/09 by richard thomas]

chrisg - 15/4/09 at 09:34 PM

You'd be welcome on the Locost Car Club stand.

Cheers

Chris

Roman - 15/4/09 at 10:13 PM

Hi Rob

I am hoping to make it to Stoneleigh for the first time in 3 years.

I will be going on the Sunday with West Wales owners of the WSCC. I am sure they wouldn't mind you tagging along. We are going up and back the same day.

If you are interested I can check for you.

You'll have to let me know where abouts you are, I am looking for a price for some welding for my inlet manifold.

Steve Lovelock - 16/4/09 at 05:40 AM

Hi Rob,

As Rich said, come and meet up with the Luego owners croud. They are a very friendly bunch. Some of us leave our partners at home and some of us bring them, either way they qre very welcome. Somebody brings a BBQ and at the end of the dqy we all sit round, cook, drink and chew the cud, it really is very enjoyable. You don't even need a Luego, just a friendly face will do. If you are just staying for the day then park your car on the Luego area and say hello.

Hope to see you there.
Steve

COREdevelopments - 16/4/09 at 06:48 AM

cool. hey Roman thanks not sure what day i will be going up on, but will let you know. i live in crosshands area. what is it you need welding as the links below belong to a fella i know who done some welding work for me. Unfortunately i cannot weld ali.

ATB

Rob

liam.mccaffrey - 16/4/09 at 07:50 AM

core

me and the wife are going from south wales

jollygreengiant - 16/4/09 at 11:43 AM

Hi Rob
I have sent you a u2u with information in it about membership of the Luego Owners Club.
Concisely, yes we have a loose affiliation that we call a club, yes you are a member, and, yes we have a stand/display area arranged at Stoneleigh. Full details (confirmed that is) will be posted as soon as I have the details from Stoneleigh. This should be in the next few days.

ATB

Clive (JGG)