Board logo

ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS DASH
beer monster - 15/8/08 at 06:47 PM

HI ALL LOOKING AT DASHES AND FOUND ONE IN LINK BELOW:ANYONE KNOW WHO MAKES IT: http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/136/1609/1609picgallery.htm
ALSO MK WEBSITE SHOWS 90 QUID FOR DASH ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:

CHEERS
MARC

novacaine - 15/8/08 at 07:59 PM

looks like one of a bike to me

i may be totally wrong mind

loggyboy - 15/8/08 at 08:08 PM

It revs to 15k so thats a certainty

and my pshycic powers sence its a Yamaha... R1/R6 Dash

alternatively a 2 min search could reveal:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-R6-YZF-R6R-2006-7-CLOCKS-DASH_W0QQitemZ380053328106

Albeit the R6 has a differnt rev limit to the R1

[Edited on 15/8/08 by loggyboy]

StevieB - 15/8/08 at 08:22 PM

Clocks will be off the R1 that probably matches the engine.

I suspect beer monster may actually be enquiring about the dash panel though.

The one in the pic looks like the one from ESP Plastics. The MK Dash is similar, with a SVA compliant bottom edge and an embossed MK symbol on the passenger side.

Alternatively, the Mac#1 dash is a rather nice unit and can be in grp or carbon faced (cf over grp backing). Have a look in Worx's photo archive for some good pics of the Mac#1 dash in place.

Davey D - 15/8/08 at 08:23 PM

Its definately a Yamaha dash. the r1 & R6 look the same, except the R1 lights up blue, and the R6 lights up red, and the R6 revs are higher than R1.. Im sure that is an R1 dash though 5VY same as what ive got

beer monster - 15/8/08 at 08:54 PM

sorry gents meant the dashpanel not the clocks.i have spoken to mk and they dont do embossed plastic dash anymore.think they do dash similar to mac 1.but really like the look of one in link.
cheers
marc

StevieB - 15/8/08 at 09:15 PM

In that case, have a look at www.esp-plastics.co.uk

tootall - 16/8/08 at 09:20 AM

carbon mods do one exactly same as that think its designed for a westfield or called a westfield dash panel in there advert £100 they are and nearly the same shape as mk so only need slight mod to fit!!

[Edited on 16/8/08 by tootall]

beer monster - 16/8/08 at 10:38 AM

cheers for ideas/input.1 other thing does anyone know what dash is fitted to the gulf coloured indy.mk or mac 1.and how does that dash seem to meet trans tunnel.i presume its because that is an indy r and the trans tunnel is higher.
ta
marc

worX - 16/8/08 at 11:46 AM

Yep, that's why it meets...
Steve

quote:
Originally posted by beer monster
cheers for ideas/input.1 other thing does anyone know what dash is fitted to the gulf coloured indy.mk or mac 1.and how does that dash seem to meet trans tunnel.i presume its because that is an indy r and the trans tunnel is higher.
ta
marc